Braemar Cruise Review by eremenkosboot: Cape Verde West Africa

Cape Verde West Africa

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Africa
Embarkation: Tenerife

We have just returned from our Cape Verde cruise on board the Braemar, this was our second with Fred Olsen, the last one on the Boudicca. We have cruised around seven times with Thomson, and been on all their ships, so we thought we would give Fred another go, the first one being slightly disappointing.
Firstly,the ship is lovely I cannot fault her at all, always plenty of space.Food was excellent, much improved from my last trip with Fred,Itinerary was very good although I would have preferred less sea days.The disembarkation was excellent they take your bags and book them in so you are not lugging them around checking in at the airport, straight to security,wonderful.
We found the passenger mix very good and the conversations and laughter made the long sea days bearable, no problems with the formal nights although three is perhaps one too many on an eleven night cruise.
Now for the bad bit, the staff especially the bar and waitress staff are terrible, they never smile More and can be rather surly, I have never experienced this on any cruise before and was really shocked by their attitude, they also seemed to be short staffed which may account for the attitude.
The so called all inclusive is nothing of the kind, the cocktails,special coffees etc are not included although are at half price. There is only one brand of whisky included and that is a very inferior Spanish whisky.
The entertainment, apart from the show team who I enjoyed was poor to average, the Welsh singer was the worst I have heard in a long time. Less

Read more Braemar cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Braemar Review >>

It was closed!!!, a bit like Blackpool with sunshine
Read 208 Tenerife Reviews