Jewel of the Seas 5

“Great Adventure On Jewel of the Seas”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas

~JD~

Overall Member Rating

This was my very first cruise, so all I knew about cruises was what I read or heard from friends & family. The cruise was more than I ever expected it to be in a very good way. We started in Tampa, went to Georgetown, Grand Caymen island, the onto Cozumel Mexico......

The service was wonderful. First off we saw on the Tampa news that our ship may be late into Tampa port as the fog was quite heavy. We called Royal Carribean & they stated everything was a go & on time. We made our way to tampa to the parking lot to safely park our vehicle for the 6 days. That went very smoothly, there was a van waiting to take us to the Tampa port just 5 minutes away, we went through security & stood in line for less than 3 minutes & got our boarding pass etc.

We then sat in the waiting area as this was around 11:00a.m. & by noon we were eating lunch on board the Jewel & the food was unreal. There was such a variety & everything I tried was great & beyond my expectation.

We made More our way to the pool & did some investigating to see what & where everything was & what a beautiful day we had for embarkation. The main pool area was nice, but we almost never could find a lounge chair & had to sit in basic upright chairs while by the pool. We sat in the hot tub instead of laying in the lounge chairs. I believe this was my only complaint through the whole cruise. If you want a lounge chair you better get to the pool bright & early!!!

The first night we got ready for the main dining room, we were aloud to dine in casual attire being it was our first day at sea. We ate every night in the main dining room & Peter & Milan were our waiters & we fell in love with these two guys! They treated us like queens & had awesome personalities. I do miss them.

On the Jewel I noticed people wearing all kinds of clothes, from dressy to casual, but casual in a good way. No shorts, swim suits, or jeans are aloud in main dining room. I ate lobster one night, prime rib another, shrimp cocktail 3 of the 5 nights as appetizer, their menu has something for any & every taste.

Our gal that took care of our stateroom was great, her name was Danielle Baptiste & she made the cute animals out of bath towels & we found them on our bed when returning to our room everynight. It was a nice touch. This girl hadn't seen her family for months! She kept our room very clean.

Now that I think about it I have one more issue I wasn't too happy about, we had to have our suitcases packed by 11:00 p.m. the night before we disembarked & placed outside our stateroom. I do realize they have roughly 2,000 people on board & have to get these suitcases off the ship early in the a.m. but it still seemed a bit odd to me.

In George Town Grand Caymen Isl. I went swimming with the Stingrays & snorkeling in the coral reef & it was awesome, I had so much fun!

Then while in Cozumel Mexico I went to the Mayan Ruins, then to a tequila tasting & then on a City tour, & shopped till I dropped. Don't forget to buy some 100% real vanilla while in Cozumel Mexico. It's the best & what a great price!

Over all I would go again & will go again. :) Less

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

E18614
Stateroom 8614. Fairly small, very quiet, beautiful balcony, great view, fair closet space, nice mirrors, small bathroom & shower, clean, but over all was fine for amount of time spent in the room. Fine for two people.

Port
In Cozumel Mexico we went to the Mayan Ruins, we took a bus to the ruins & our guide was a native Mayan & was 72 yrs. old. Was very interesting but this gentleman had quite the accent & was hard to understand. We then went on the Tequila tasting tour, wow that was tasty! This was an all in one tour for a whopping $30.00 USD.
Read 269 Tampa Reviews

Published 03/10/13

Helpful? Thank ~JD~
Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review

Jewel of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?