Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by ~JD~

Member Name: ~JD~
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Jewel of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Great Adventure On Jewel of the Seas
This was my very first cruise, so all I knew about cruises was what I read or heard from friends & family. The cruise was more than I ever expected it to be in a very good way. We started in Tampa, went to Georgetown, Grand Caymen island, the onto Cozumel Mexico......

The service was wonderful. First off we saw on the Tampa news that our ship may be late into Tampa port as the fog was quite heavy. We called Royal Carribean & they stated everything was a go & on time. We made our way to tampa to the parking lot to safely park our vehicle for the 6 days. That went very smoothly, there was a van waiting to take us to the Tampa port just 5 minutes away, we went through security & stood in line for less than 3 minutes & got our boarding pass etc.

We then sat in the waiting area as this was around 11:00a.m. & by noon we were eating lunch on board the Jewel & the food was unreal. There was such a variety & everything I tried was great & beyond my expectation.

We made our way to the pool & did some investigating to see what & where everything was & what a beautiful day we had for embarkation. The main pool area was nice, but we almost never could find a lounge chair & had to sit in basic upright chairs while by the pool. We sat in the hot tub instead of laying in the lounge chairs. I believe this was my only complaint through the whole cruise. If you want a lounge chair you better get to the pool bright & early!!!

The first night we got ready for the main dining room, we were aloud to dine in casual attire being it was our first day at sea. We ate every night in the main dining room & Peter & Milan were our waiters & we fell in love with these two guys! They treated us like queens & had awesome personalities. I do miss them.

On the Jewel I noticed people wearing all kinds of clothes, from dressy to casual, but casual in a good way. No shorts, swim suits, or jeans are aloud in main dining room. I ate lobster one night, prime rib another, shrimp cocktail 3 of the 5 nights as appetizer, their menu has something for any & every taste.

Our gal that took care of our stateroom was great, her name was Danielle Baptiste & she made the cute animals out of bath towels & we found them on our bed when returning to our room everynight. It was a nice touch. This girl hadn't seen her family for months! She kept our room very clean.

Now that I think about it I have one more issue I wasn't too happy about, we had to have our suitcases packed by 11:00 p.m. the night before we disembarked & placed outside our stateroom. I do realize they have roughly 2,000 people on board & have to get these suitcases off the ship early in the a.m. but it still seemed a bit odd to me.

In George Town Grand Caymen Isl. I went swimming with the Stingrays & snorkeling in the coral reef & it was awesome, I had so much fun!

Then while in Cozumel Mexico I went to the Mayan Ruins, then to a tequila tasting & then on a City tour, & shopped till I dropped. Don't forget to buy some 100% real vanilla while in Cozumel Mexico. It's the best & what a great price!

Over all I would go again & will go again. :)

Publication Date: 03/10/13