Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by VermontCruiser56: You get what you pay for

VermontCruiser56
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Bahamas Cruises

You get what you pay for

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We cruised out of New York with ports in cocoa beach, nassau and freeport. First and foremost I heard a lot of complaining on the boat about not doing this cruise again. Listen folks this is a ship out of New York. There is typically some weather in the Atlantic in February so if you go on this cruise thinking it will be like one out of Miami think again. Again this is February so you are rolling the dice with some rough seas and the potential for cooler temps in FL and the Bahamas.
The Ship: It is very bright and colorfull. The decor is tastefull and fun. It is very clean and well cared for. Negatives: only that there is no jumbotron. I think all Carnival ships should have one. Positives: the lido deck has a retracking roof over one pool so even when cool out you can sun bath.
Food: Normal Carnival Fare. Nothing glitzy but plenty of it and good. A few nights the sit down dinners were very good with lobster and filet Mignon. Overall the food selection could have been More better but I have had a lot worse.
Service: Excellent. All the staff was very friendly and work very hard. Our cabin steward Norvi was great as was our waitress Ramona. Both took a very sincere interest in us.
Destinations: as I said this is a lower cost 8 day adventure and as long as you do not drink too much or spend too much on the extras this trip cost my family of three less than $2500 total.

Things that Carnival Could do Better: First is activities. Once you have cruised Carnival the activities are pretty much all the same. Also kids activities for those that choose not to participate in camp. The camp is OK but my son found the staff to be baby sitters and not real engaging. He is 11 so a tween of sorts and hard to please.

BIG ISSUE: Carnival needs to warn travelers that it is likely that the Basketball Court and 10th deck may not be available during the sail down and back. This is four days that my active 11 year old could not use the upper decks for activities and he was not happy. If I could warn him in advance it would have been better. Overall a very enjoyable experience. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle

Great Balcony I recommend the extended Balcony or at the very least a Balcony for all.