Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by JayeJaye: Wont be travelling with Carnival again!

JayeJaye
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Spirit Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Wont be travelling with Carnival again!

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Melbourne

I have cruised a number of times but this ship was the biggest I have every cruised on. Mistake number 1. Don't get me wrong the ship was well kept, clean, fantastic to explore but way too many people. That's just me I guess. Getting on was easy, no delays. My cabin was a lovely non-obstructed balcony cabin. I had no noisy neighbors.
I found the dining room excellent. The food was lovely. The only thing that let it down was although there was a dress code - the staff and the fellow cruisers did not follow it. Even on the formal nights - only a small percent bothered to dress up. And as for the lines to just get into dinner well that's another problem. And not much use of the hand sanitizers.
The informal eating area was always busy but good food for buffet style and pretty good service.
Entertainment well not brilliant but moderately adequate and the Aussie cruise activity director well just adequate.
Not enough activities on board.
And as for the More tour desk um well the lady on that desk was so unfriendly I ended up going to the other desk passenger services to book my tours. A word of advice Carnival Spirit if you have someone dealing with people shouldn't they smile??? and not look like you are bothering them every second of the conversation. I noticed this was picked up by other travellers.
The big mistake they have made is making the ship Australian. You go on a holiday and want to escape but it was so ockerish it may be cringe and I am a proud Australian.
No complaints about the kids on board all well behaved more the middle aged aussies making idiots of themselves.
It is a family ship definitely. If you do go on it get a balcony cause you can escape the crowds.
Disembarkation was fine. No problems there.
Nope it was too big for me and I wont be using Carnival again. Shame cause I was so excited to go on it. Families you will enjoy it! Less

Read more Carnival Spirit cruise reviews >>