Crown Princess Cruise Review by Gottalove2Cruise: Want to Go BACK!!!

Gottalove2Cruise
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

Want to Go BACK!!!

Sail Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

Love Princess Cruise Line. Have cruise many times. Was not crazy about the Galveston, TX Port, however. We have always cruised out of Porto Rico or Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Galveston was not convenient. Our plane was delayed due to snow, rental car place was closed when we arrived in Houston, took a crappy (not Princess sponsored because we flew in the day before) shuttle to Galveston to spend the night before. Next time, we'll return to Florida to cruise out again. Staff in Galveston, TX were outstanding and very, very helpful, however. Fast, courteous and polite.

Hubs and I thoroughly enjoyed cruise. We did not care for the "Party on the Deck" Caribbean theme they did one night. It was all line dancing. . . .maybe this was due to the port we left out of being in Galveston, TX!?! Any who, folks who don't line dance could not join in, this is not the age of the crowd to line-dance. Maybe Jazz Music, MoTown Music would go over better with this age group, or something to slow dance More to. Most were just observers for 10 minutes and then left. Maybe 20 people line-dancing and they were the ship's performers! I'll take my movies under the stars instead :) We even sat out in the rain one night and watched our movie.

Service was great as ever, people, staff friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed our time. Loved the entertainment, piano guy, guitar players, comedians, theatre, Marriage Game (Co-Cruise Director, Dan, was hysterical leading this segment), Trivia, afternoon Tea was my special delight of the day. . .being English heritage. etc. The "Destination" show should be axed, however. 70's performance was outstanding.

Got a coffee card and this was my favorite thing this trip. Gotta love my freshly made coffee drinks.

The ONLY complaint I have, besides the line-dancing, party on the deck attempt, was there was a smell on the ship of sewage. We were on Caribe, 10th floor. After the 3rd day we smelled it and others were complaining as well. We did call and let them know. It disappeared for one day and then returned. Not a nice smell to be filtering down the hall and considering the Triumph fiasco the week before we cruised. . . we all in our area made mention of that! We did not, however, have the smell inside our room, perhaps because we had a balcony and had the door open frequently???

Taking our 19 year old and 26 year old with us in December to cruise again. Maybe they will like the line-dancing :) Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Caribe C534

C534. Nice room with great balcony. Right across from some crew space. . . ,but we did not hear anything. Just a sewage smell seemed to linger in this hall area, so I don't know if a sewage holding tank is near, but EVERYONE commented about it as we all passed each other in the hall. But, no smell in the room whatsoever. Do not like how the plug in the bathroom cannot be used. It's for European current I guess so I would have to go outside the bathroom, to near the balcony to plug in my blow dryer and curling iron. This was the only thing I wasn't crazy about, but maybe they figured it was nicer to have it at the desk area so I could sit and do my hair instead of standing in the tiny bathroom. We've had a mini-suite before, the larger bathroom that accommodates the mini-suites are nice. . . but this little bathroom and shower is doable. Just don't drop your soap while showering LOL!! Felt very little rocking in this location. Slept like a baby every night even the one night we hit rough, waters with 12' waves.