Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by Steeplechase

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by Steeplechase
Carnival Destiny
Carnival Destiny
Member Name: Steeplechase
Cruise Date: February 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Are the previous reviews kidding?
So this review maybe a waste of time as Carnival Destiny no longer exist. But after reading the first couple of reviews from fellow passengers on my cruise I had to write. I'm not sure we were on the same cruise.

First off I agree the HAVAC system did not seem to be able to produce heat and yes the cold air blew pretty hard into our room until they came in and repaired it perfectly. And yes they were working on the ship as we sailed to Italy but I never saw or encountered anything more then a short wait for a elevator. As for dust everywhere? Never saw it! Lido deck food was cold? It was winter in the Atlantic with nearly gale force wind blowing on it! The food inside was fine on Lido and buffet style it was never ever gourmet and changed daily.

As for the shows the usual shows were pretty good, the Comic juggling magician. Had me and most of the crowd laughing. Sure the trivia was overboard every hour on the hour. They did have photographers lined up everynight but the deck was never crowded and we got a couple of good shots to bring home.

Listen this transatlantic was bargain basement with some people paying as little as $35 a day. I think we got what we paid for and had a great time. We did the anytime dining and that worked great.

I can only hope that I have as good a time as we had on this cruise on our next cruise as the Mardi gra night was one of the best times we have ever had on any cruise ship and did any of you complainers mention the night they opened the bars for free? We did a behind the scenes tour that was great as the Captain spent about 20 minutes with us answering questions. I consider Carnival the "White trash" cruise line and that said in a loving way. It's about having a goodtime,drinking too much, dancing to much, eating too much and not sitting in the Diningroom stone faced wondering why they don't single you out of the 2200 other passengers to deliver your special meal.

Publication Date: 03/07/13