Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by darienill: Miami 10 day Sun time.

darienill
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Miami 10 day Sun time.

Sail Date: February 2013

NCL Sun 2-17 to 2-27. Just the highlights.
Balcony room was fine, safe at eye level, storage under the bed. Shower curtains never do work and the floor was always wet. The drain didn't seem to work very well in ours and other cabins. Room attendant was great, left him $20. Plenty of towel animals and chocolates. Room 9024 is near the front elevators, a good choice also good for port call departures.

We bought the wine package. Midrange was Robert Mondavi char for $28 with tip. At the bar it was $32 plus tip or $8 a glass. Beer was $6 with tip. That's high. At all the ports you could get a beer for $2 anywhere. Bucket of beer was buy 5 get one free. $29.10 w tip for Becks 12 oz. came with a free t-shirt and an opener. The popcorn machine in the sports bar was broke. Bummer.
We bring Moet Champagne on cruises for lobster night. $35 at home plus a $15 corkage fee on ship. On board it's $98 plus tip so it makes sense if you bring a high end bottle. First night is Surf and More Turf and we ordered Turf and Turf which was great. Sweet tasting small lobsters. Last night was lobsters also, wife had three. There were three on deck BBQ nights. Burgers ,dogs, chicken etc. 5:30 till 7 PM.

East meets West steakhouse, they just can't get it right. Il Adagio Italian, If you know what capriccio, osso bucco and carbonara is, you should enjoy it. SIL didn't like the lobster sauce. Not enough lobster. French place, I don't remember what I had.

St. Thomas champagne catamaran cruise to St. Johns, 90 minutes to get there, 90 minutes to get back, one hour snorkel. It rained on the way out. No big deal.
Dominica, booked Bumpiing tours for a trip with one other couple from CC.Cecil our driver, met at the dock 9:30 ( a civil time of day). Saw the waterfalls and sulfer springs and fruit stand. A lot of hiking up a wet slippery trail to see the falls. Included passes. $300 for the van with up to 6 people. Beautiful sights.
Barbados, totally unplanned. We jumped in a cab and went to Holetown which is a resort area just north of Bridgetown. Cab $8 pp for 3 of us. Walked around, visited some shops, had lunch at the Coach House hotel restaurant. Flying fish, beer, coconut shrimp. Right on the beach. I always want to try the local dishes.
St. Marteen. Been here many times been on many tours. Just wanted to stay in town see how many jewelry stores we could visit and have lunch. There are beaches just as you leave the water taxi dock and plenty of places to get some food. I wasn't really looking for anything special but did find a ring for myself to replace one I've had for a while that was pretty beat up. It was right there in the window. What was I supposed to do and my wife hadn't bought anything all week. I actually got them to take a trade in. If you don't ask you won't find out. They sized it while we had lunch.

White hot party, fun. Bingo $40 really? Also bought a watch for $108. Online it was $120.

All in all a good time. Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sun Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Pool Deck 9024

9024 between two stairways and under other cabins. Safe at eye level at end of closet, easy to reach. plenty of closet space and shelves. Haven't seen a 15 inch CRT TV in years. Balcony just enough to sit on, slow close door so it doesn't slam.