“Wanna go to Paradise again”
Cruise review of Carnival Paradise

syrupcity Carnival Paradise 5 Wanna go to Paradise again
syrupcity
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Long weekend cruise to Cozumel just for the fun of it. Newly retired and just wanted to get away. Dgt and I booked just before Truimph scarce so were unsure of travel . nothing to worry about Paradise was in great working order. Thank goodness as on wAy back ship was battling 8-12 ft waves and 35 knots wind. Terrible travel if you get seasick. Dgt stayed most of day in bed. Nothing captain could do as weather front took up most of our edge of Gulf. Most amazing part was the entertainment shows were on. How the dancers were able to dance when most could not stand, I don't know. Wonderful shows esp the Western 8 Seconds the first night. Cruise director is wonderful on fiddle. Break Dancers are a good comedian act. Roman the black comedian act was good too just short. Entertainment was a 5. Only complaining was when the kids (who have activities in Camp Carnival) would take over the stage during games like 60 seconds or less or dance lessons. Activity personnel would say this activity was for over 18 but the kids and parents would get up there anyway. We ate every meal in Elation dining. Nothing tasted bad. Usually had salad and soup plus meal. Tried my first snails and alligator tail fritters. Someone at table sent back the fish, but otherwise all was good. Favorite dessert was the warm melting. Chocolate cake. You can get apple pie warmed but have to ask. Room was okay, It has been many cruises ago since I only had ocean view. Glad it was mid ship when the waves were rocking the boat. Bathroom had no outlet and TV is old tube type. Steward was very efficient. Thanks Li. Due to weather, most water excursions were cancelled. Thus I missed my snorkeling :( We took the Salsa N Salsa class. Even though I make my own type of salsa,this was a fun class held at Hotel Cozumel. We made 4 types of salsa, and three drinks. Then you could lay around the pool for 1.5 hours before they called you a cab. Beaches were closed due to high seas. Fastest embarkation I have ever had. Drove to port as it is only 6 hours away. Arrived at 12:15 and on boat by 12:45. That includes parking time. Getting off was delayed as foreign nations had not reported to immigration. But once they called self disembark, the line moved fast. My body was still rocking the next day but I want to go again.
Carnival Paradise Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Paradise Review
Carnival Paradise Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?