Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by CORealtor: Better Than Expected

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Better Than Expected

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Bahamas

This three night Bahamas cruise was actually very nice. The reviews from past cruisers did not give this very good marks, but I think it was fine. This was our first experience with NCL, so did not know what to expect.

Boarding went very smoothly. We arrived at 12:15, stood in a 5 minute line to check in and get our key cards. Security line was another couple of minutes. It took about 10 minutes to pay the $15 per bottle of wine corkage fee and then we boarded the ship. The rooms were ready by 1:00.

The stateroom (9235) was the same size as other ship balcony rooms are. There were three of us in the room, so a little tighter when the couch was made into the bed. The room was clean and the bathroom was clean. Our room steward was great. Very attentive.

The food on this ship was good. Lines in the buffet were long, but as long as you stick to the dining rooms, there is no wait. Wait staff were always pleasant. My husband and I do not prefer free More style dining, but for a short cruise, it was not too bad. We like to have the same waiter/s each meal, so they will get to know our likes and dislikes.

The bars were all very nice and the staff was great. Our favorite was the Outrigger Lounge. It is in the front of the boat, and nice to sit and have a drink. It was rainy and chilly the entire cruise, so that was a nice place to hang out. Our ports were suppose to be Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau. Great Stirrup Cay was cancelled due to weather, so we sailed that day. In Nassau we went to Atlantis. We did not book the excursion through NCL, but took a cab ($4 each) to Atlantis and bought a day pass for $40 each. We were able to do everything except the water rides for that price and since it was rainy, that was fine with us.

All in all, I think for an inexpensive weekend get-a-way, this was a great choice. NCL is not my first choice in cruise lines, but I will not mark them off my list. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky Balcony Stateroom Viking Deck 9235

Stateroom 9235 was a great mid-ship balcony cabin. Very quiet. There are only three small drawers for storage, so if you have many clothes, this may be too small. Plenty of hanging space and probably 20 wooden hangers.

We were not able to tender to this port due to the weather-wind and rain.

Atlantis Aquarium

We went to Atlantis to do the Atlantis Aquarium. It was very nice and worth the $40 each.