Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by BHCC

Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Jewel
Member Name: BHCC
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: MA
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Great Time on the Norwegian Jewel 2/24/2013
My young adult son and I just returned from his first cruise experience. NCL gave accommodations to make the cruise possible with my son's special needs. They did what they said they would do ... and more! It not only made this trip possible but gave my son a wonderful experience cruising and he cannot wait to go again.

Anticipating the cruise I had spent a great deal of time researching online. I read a lot of reviews and did get a bit concerned reading some of them. We didn't experience any of the big issues reported by others. We both thought the food was fine and plentiful, the crew very helpful and courteous, and the ship clean and well maintained. We came home healthy and relaxed.

We did get some great tips from this site and others including bringing an over the door shoe rack which kept everything organized and decreased the clutter. Highlighters, a clock, insect repellent and a few other items we learned about certainly made our experience easier and more fun. We only wish we had taken the advice regarding taking half the clothes and double the money!

I think sites like this, which help you have realistic expectations regarding your cruise experience, make for a successful, enjoyable, cruise experience. So thanks Cruise Critic!

Publication Date: 03/08/13