Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by tillydog: Amazing Ship!

tillydog
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Voyager of the Seas Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Amazing Ship!

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Bare with me as I'm not good at writing. So this review will be more in points.

Embarkation:
As a wheelchair user, I had been told that Myself and my hubby could check-in early, but we encountered one rude member of staff who was at the check-in line, who in no uncertain terms told us we had to come back at the time on the boarding passes. She wasnt going to let us through! So we left, and finally found another member of staff who let us through.
We had to wait for a little while inside the ground level of the terminal until they were ready for us upstairs at Check-in. This year was the first time that they had a dedicated check-in desk for those with disabilities. This worked really well. I had kind of been dreading having the same chaotic check-in that we had for out first cruise in 2011! The staggered (by deck level) check-in times also worked well in the same way.

Food:
Windjammer/Island Grill: Usual buffet fare. Due to previous outbreaks of Norovirus, More there was no self-serve at all. We were pleased with this arrangement.

MDR: We had main dining at 6pm. As I have a couple of serious food allergies, I let the head waiter know and he made a note. I was able to view the next night's menu and choose what I wanted and it was able to be tweeked to meet my needs.

Johnny Rockets:
There is a cover charge to eat here, but it has to be done at least once. The burgers are great, loved the onion rings too and the apple pie is to die for!
If you're a Crown and Anchor member, you do get a 2 for 1 voucher in your booklet for their thickshakes.

Cabin:
Wheelchair accessible balcony cabin on Deck 7. Plenty of room to manoever around the cabin and great bathroom with grab handles and a seat to sit on in the shower. Our cabin attendant was great and kept the cabin really clean. Nothing was too much trouble.

Ship:
When we stepped onto the ship and we'd gone through security, we headed inside and Wow! Now for those of you who think that Voyager looks massive from the outside, she's deceptive! Inside, she is huuuuuuge!! We made our way to the Royal Promenade and Wow Wow Wow!! Absolutely stunning!

One last point I have to make, please use the handsanitiser pumps. They are everywhere, so there is no excuse not to. I also took some wipes with us to wipe down the door handles, telephone handsets, light switches and cupboard/draw handles in the cabin. Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>