Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by jules1121: Sensational

Sensational

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I went with a large group of people and many in the group were first time cruisers. I will hit some of the main points:

Used Faster to Fun for boarding and it was a breeze getting on the ship (we were soaking in the hot tub before most people were even at the port :D)
Room and room steward were great - no problems
We ate most meals in the main dining room and food was good and service was fast (actually service was quicker than my last few cruises so many they made some good changes)
We spent alot of time in the Serenity Deck area and it was adequate (Clean and not crowded but not as nice as ones on bigger ships)
We did the Behind the Fun Tour and I def recommend it to see what goes on in the background and get a picture with the captain on the bridge
Comedians were ok, I give them a solid B.
Strangely my one complaint is not enough bartenders - a number of times we wanted a drink and there wasn't one to take an order (never had this problem before on More a ship)
Also not a big fan of them replacing the Sushi Bar with the Taste Bar

We used the Park and Cruise for parking and the service worked well. I will probably use them again in the future.

Overall I was really pleased with how clean they kept the ship and how friendly the crew were. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sensation E239

Cabin is an interior room, overall quiet but alot of engine noises when going into and out of port. Room is right near the back of ship and you can be up to the Serenity Deck thru the back hallway by the Serenity bathroom quickly. We carried on our luggage and did self assist checkout which was a breeze being on the same deck as you enter and exit the ship from at Port Canaveral.

Lovely day spend sipping fruity drinks by the pool and strolling on the beach. Good service and nice and relaxing resort day. Hotel is a short walk from the port so didn't even have to pay for a cab.
Read 2644 Nassau Reviews