Carnival Elation Cruise Review by Shidale

Member Name: Shidale
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 6B

Elation needs an overhaul and better entertainment
I have sailed 3 times prior to this cruise (2 times on Triump & 1 on the fantasy). I had heard lots of negative things about the elation but decided I would try it anyway for a quick trip. I wish I had saved my money and stayed home. It was cold and windy the entire trip, which I understand Carnival cant control the weather but when you cancel all the entertainment on lido deck and dont allow anyone on any open decks what do you leave your guest to do? NOTHING... there was no plan B. This left everyone pilled into Tiffany's (buffet area at the back of the ship)there were no places for people to sit so we stayed in our cabin majority of the day. All activites in Cozumel were also cancelled because of the high winds so you have a boat full of people who are already dissappointed in that and you put them back on a ship and cancel entertainment.

Also this boat is old and it shows. Our TV only showed in one color which was red & blurry, so watching TV in the cabin wasnt an option either. On the first night in our cabin we noticed dirty towels in the closet from the previous cruise. The drawers on the vanity area did not close all the way and the door on the closet would not shut all the way so as the boat moved so did the closet door.

We spoke to several people when getting off who said this was their first cruise and didnt think they would cruise again after this experience. Had this been my first cruise I would not want to cruise again either. We stayed bored on this ship majority of the time. There was barly any entertainment on the ship and when there was things it was at 8 pm during dinning time for most, the comedian they had was terrible and then the canceling of some things on the decks and not giving us any other things to do really sucks.

Best part is there was a man late 20's buying alchol for some young girls about 16 and sneaking it out the back door of the night club to them. My son made a comments to the man and the drunk man began to mouth off at him, so I went down there and sure enough there was a group of young girls getting drinks from a young man in the club. So I tried video tape what was going on(with my cell phone) and the security guard tried to grab my cell phone and demanded I delete anything on it. I explained to her what was going on and they seemed to be quite fine with it. I complained to guest services and was told head of security would come to my cabin the next morning and that never happened.

I was disappointed in this entire trip and do not recommend this ship to anyone!

Publication Date: 03/07/13