Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by caseythegr

Member Name: caseythegr
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: MA
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Our Family Cruise on the NCL Dawn
We started our vacation by staying with friends overnight in Tampa, only to get a phone call the next morning that the channel was closed due to fog. We ended up not being able to board until 7 pm that evening. While we were disappointed to miss that first day on the ship, we were happy to just be able to get on board and sail out of the channel before they closed it again. That being said, the Captain and crew did an amazing job of turning the ship around for the boarding passengers. After a quick meal, and free wine, in Aqua we walked around and explored the ship. Our luggage was there when we returned so we unpacked and called it a night. The beds were comfortable and we slept very well. Our cabin attendant was "Harry", he took care of us and our 2 boys who shared the inside cabin across the hall. We lovingly referred to it as the "cave", and commended Harry for being brave and cleaning it each day. Harry was very efficient and we never wanted for anything. I wrote a hero's award for him.

We ate breakfast in the Garden Cafe everyday with the exception of one day we went to the Venetian. The service was great but the food to me was the same, so it was easier to go to the buffet everyday. We varied for lunch-Blue Lagoon, Bimini, Garden Cafe and were never disappointed. I thought my younger son was going to turn into a chicken wing he ate so many of them. For dinner we mainly stuck to the pay restaurants, as nothing appealed to any of us in the MDR's most of the time.

We only made it to one show, the magician, who I thought did a good job. I swore this would be the cruise that I made it to the White Hot party, but it will have to be the next cruise.

Our favorite spot was the Pearly Kings Bar with Chips Ahoy the bartender. They offered 2 for 1 drinks from 4-6 pm everyday which made for a good relaxing spot at the end of the day.

We did notice the chair hogs, but not as many on this cruise. I did see some blue dot supporters too. The hot tubs were cool on the first day, but after that they were perfect.

One note about this cruise, there were only 60 cruisers under that age of 16 years, and the majority of the cruisers were 60 years old and up. The ship is in good shape and the staff very efficient. I would definitely sail on her again.

Publication Date: 03/06/13