Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by purplekisses

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by purplekisses
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Inspiration
Member Name: purplekisses
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 4C
Cabin Number: M75
See More About: Carnival Inspiration Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        10-12 5.0

Quick and Ensenada is not as bad as I remembered.
My husband asked if I would like to do a quick cruise for our anniversary, then he preceded to to bring our 2 neices with. The anniversay part not so much, but the cruise was fun. We drove from Utah to Long Beach and stayed at the Quality Inn in Long Beach with their cruise package for $99 plus tax. The hotel was nothing fancy, but it worked for what we needed. The packaged included parking, transport to and from the cruise port, and breakfast. The hotel staff was great. The hotel van was easy and quick both ways. We arrived at the port around 10am, (the hotel asked if we wanted to leave now or if we wanted to wait, as the van was on the way back with some other passenagers)we checked in at the Queen Mary.

I am not sure if you are suppose to or not but we did wander around the ship a bit before heading over to the dome. We boarded between 11:30am and 12pm. We did a quick tour of the ship, which was in good shape. We had lunch, lines weren't too bad. Went to our cabin, first time for me and hubby in an interior cabin. The cabin was not bad and if cost was a consideration for the cruise I would not hesitate to book and inside again. I ususally book a balcony. Our room steward was great, the room was clean and we always had ice.

My husband wanted to book a set dining time so the girls could see the waiter sing and dance. Since there were 4 of us I thought we would have our own table, no such luck. We were seated with a nice family from Ecuador. My husband is from Mexico. He and the neices speak Spanish, I on the other hand do not. The family did not speak English well, but tried. They had a set of triplet boys that were 10, the same age as my younger neice. The food was good, but the menu has shrunk over the years.

We attended both production shows and the family comedy show. We spent some time in the casino taking truns hanging with the one neice who would not go to Circle C (she is really shy). The younger neice enjoyed Camp Carnival and spent a good deal of time there.

Publication Date: 03/06/13