Oceana Cruise Review by Bid147: Lack lustre

Lack lustre

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

P.O waste tons of money printing off information that could be put on a TV channel for customer use, they even ask the passengers to print off E Tickets, that really are not required, several of us noticed this on arrival at Southampton. Not following there own quote for carbon footprint.

First day 6/2/2013 toilet didn't work,cabin carpet needs renewing, if these cabins have had a refit I must have blinked, I've travelled on this ship 3 times now, nothing appeared different, oh shouldn't say that as there are lots of changed through P.O.
You no longer get into ports before 9am and leave approx 4.30pm to 5pm, so if you now decide to go on any trips you don't have anytime to look at the port your in.which for me tells me the Captain slows down to reach ports at that time every arrival.

I wonder what they did with the lovely plates they would serve dinner on, they had a nice emblem and the waiters always lined them up on tables, that's just a whim of mine, more wasted More money by putting a dark grey large plate on the table when you arrive, then take it off, what's that all about.

Due to all the trouble in Ashdad we ported at Alexandria on a Friday though to Saturday, that was badly thought out as its there Sabbeth (Closed). What a waste.

We travelled the first time on this ship in July 2006, even then they had leaks all over the ship, and that still exists today buckets around the ship. When we arrived in Messina everyone noticed a terrible smell, how to describe that, the sewage tank smelt like it needed to be emptied YUCK, terrible smell.

Food selection is now limited, when I look through menu's from 2006 & 2008 they are very sparse for choice, this has now made my decision much easier to travel with P.O or not, oh quick answer there definitely NOT. Less

Read more Oceana cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oceana Review >>

Cabin review: Oceana Balcony Stateroom with Shower A Deck A340

Balcony felt small due to it having bigger chairs, quiet location, very good view The main problem with this cabin outside is a electrical cupboard which I reported to the crew twice, as this ship has children on board, and this door wasn't locked, no one did anything about it, case of well, maybe when a child notices and turns the water etc off in here they'll take note.

Great trip good laugh with the locals, really enjoyed

Walked around Lisbon, have never liked this place but weather was good for a stroll
Read 281 Lisbon Reviews

City Tour

Valletta not for me, hated the place