Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Cruising Craig: Worst Cruise our of 16 cruises... BY FAR

Cruising Craig
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Worst Cruise our of 16 cruises... BY FAR

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Ok, I have been on 16 cruises and today rolled in on the Carnival Pride. I have never left one bad review of a cruise before, as I am very forgiving, but this cruise took the cake.

First off, in security checking on the boat. They would not allow us to use a cellphone or camera for 1 hour in line to check through security. Can we say boring staying in line without something to do, but that wasn't a big deal. Then after security check in we go to the boat and are taking pics of the boat right before we load the gangway and this little fat security guard came running, you cannot use your cell phone here, turn it off now or i am going to take it. We were 500 feet away from check in up 4 flights of stairs and still she needed to humiliate me in front of my 10 staff members i am cruising with. Still, ok, just one bad egg.

On the cruise, we are with a disabled person. They couldn't get out of the room much, so we all pitched in and bought a few movies at More 12.99 a piece for them to watch while they were in their room, as carnivals tv quite frankly, was horrible. Carnival, only lets the movie play for 24 hours, so if you rent a movie, even a movie that has been on dvd for months, you are not allowed to watch the movie for the entire boat, just 24 hours and they removed them after 16 hours many times. Whats the problem with allowing a disabled person to watch a movie a few times while they are in their room without making us spend 500 dollars on movies so they can get entertainment. This was disgusting to me.

Then same person needed room service to eat, and their room service was horrible. they didn't have anything decent to eat, only things like bagels or toast. I mean put a cheeseburger and a hot dog or pizza on there for people who can't get out of their rooms as much. Just because someone is disabled doesn't mean their spouse cant go up for fun, and they can stay in the room and not make their spouse feel guilty on going on a cruise. Carnival has NO respect for this.

Next the entertainment was horrible. Some gay guy assistant director could not entertain a blind man. It has went down hill bad. They have hired all homosexuals to entertain, as that appears to be the cool thing to do. BUt thats not entertainment! Sure an equal distribution of homosexuals is fine, i have many gay friends and am not anti gay in any way, but when you book your entire entertainment staff obviously because they are gay, there is some problems there to be had.

The food was good, but they act like a stickler on it! Its a cruise, you shouldn't have to wait 50 min EVERYTIME you want to eat, because they don't have enough food ready. The cheeseburger stand on top deck was a bore to wait, as this seemed planned so people wouldn't get one and just move on as many people were doing. I can see one or two times waiting, but 7 days and NEVER WAITED UNDER 45 MINUTES. Then if you try to get two so your wife doesn't have to wait, they wouldn't give it to you. When someone travels with a disabled person they can't wait in line for hours and when you don't have any real food at all for room service, what are they going to do?

The cruise ship was nice, but there was naked paintings all over the ship. I don't mean 20 or 30, i mean the entire ship is decorated in naked "art" of little boys naked all over the place. It got old quickly. And again, i don't mean a few! there is probably over 5,000 painting in elevators, hallways, rooms, bathrooms, all of naked people, mostly little naked boys running around. They said it was a tribute to the old art, but come on, its pretty obvious who decorated when the elevators all lead to a 10 foot fully naked uncircumcised man. IT was disturbing after every night seeing all this!

I had 6 massages on this cruise. EVERY massage, they made me wait for 30 minutes b4 any treatments and cut us off early every time.. I mean 15 min short every massage, as we timed them! If i wanted a 60 min massage i would have paid the 129 for the 55 instead of the 179 for 75! And the spa was not crowded at all. One night we had a massage and pedicure scheduled at 5, and was supposed to get out at 7 so we can eat at 8. We sat in the waiting room for an HOUR, then they took us back at 6 and we couldn't do both treatments cause we were going to miss dinner, and they told us they will charge us 50% if we cancel, even though they made us wait for over an hour.

I play the casino A LOT on cruises. The staff in the casino was so rude, i just got up and left on the craps game! I was up 700 dollars and was the only one rolling. I played for 45 min, and the guy all of a sudden stops me and says that i am rolling the dice wrong and am not allowed to touch the side of the table with them b4 i roll.. The head of the casino told the dealer i did nothing wrong but it rubbed me wrong, i just cashed in and didn't go back.

Last the first day i bought my son a wooden rubber band gun. They practically arrested me checking in a WOODEN gun, and took it from me. The security is over the top stupid. There is no reason no to allow someone a small pocket knife, or a wine opener, or toenail clippers on a cruise. Its pathetic that they have made security as bad as they have on carnival. I looked into the "laws" they say and this is an excuse. There is no law that says you can't bring a pocket knife on board. There are steak knifes all over the place that if i am gonna kill someone i am going to grab and not my little 1" knife to open things easier with. They have seriously taken all the fun out of cruising with this.

Again, i consider myself an expert cruiser, and know there is always some wrongs that happen in a week or 10 days time. But this was down right pathetic, and I will never be on another carnival cruise. Everything here is 100% accurate, and i left out a lot. Carnival has went downhill, and fast, and lost a very strong customer, but they don't care about customer service. The most rude staff on a cruise i have experienced and i will not be on a carnival cruise again, even if it were free! Its not worth me cutting out of work to get treated like we did on this cruise. I am happy to answer any questions, you can email me at c underscore h underscore 2 at hotmail dot com if you want to ask anything.. I have never did this b4 but think people should know about this line.... Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Panorama 8127

8127 was our cabin, balcony. THe cabin was good, no problems other than the not allowing me a wine opener so i had to page a crew member every hour to open our wine. Security issue with a cork opener? WOW!