“A great time on the Jewel - First time Free Styler”
Cruise review of Norwegian Jewel

Sunshine427 Norwegian Jewel 5 A great time on the Jewel - First time Free Styler
Sunshine427
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My Mother and I cruised together on this ship. I had "won" a free cruise from my local casino and paid port charges and taxes - I paid an extra $150 for an Oceanview and was glad I did. Total price for the trip was $700 for the two of us, courtesy of Casino at Seas. This was my first time on NCL. I had cruised 6 times previously all with Celebrity. While the two cruise lines are different, they are both great. I enjoyed eating when I wanted to and not dressing up on NCL but I liked the daily activities more on Celebrity. Our room 8104 was spacious for an Ocean view with plenty of storage room and a great room attendant, Rustee. He kept our room spotless and often left us a nice surprise (towel animals) most evenings. The entertainment was the best I ever encountered on a cruise - a comedian, a magician, a duo who performed aerial feats and a great troupe of singers and dancers.
Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Oceanview Picture Window

Tenders were large sized boats, but water was a bit rocky. The island was perfect. My Mom and I sprung for the clamshell which provided needed shade with the strong sun that was beaming down on us - well worth the price of $30. Food was great - huge BBQ on the beach with plenty of shade to eat at. Perfect day
Port
I didn't take a ship excursion, but instead took a 3.5 hour tour by a local company for only $25 each. He was very knowledgable, with great speaking skills and took us the the historic forts and Queens Staircase, a beach area and then over to explore Atlantis for 30 min. Since were were not registered guests, we only had access to the casino but it was enough to give me a feel for the resort.
Read 4,116 Nassau Reviews
Easy on/Easy off. Weather was overcast and a bit rainy. I had a friend who lived in Florida - she drove to the port to meet us for the day. We went to Cocoa Beach Pier where we had a nice lunch, caught up and took a walk out on the fishing pier.
Published 03/05/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Jewel Review
Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?