Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisersin: Oasis of the Seas Incredible

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Oasis of the Seas Incredible

Sail Date: February 2013

We were cruising for our honeymoon. We have cruised twice before and when we stepped on this ship it blew our mind. The ship was stunning! We never had the feeling of being on a ship. The neighborhoods were great. Central Park was our favorite. It was quiet in the evenings and really did feel like you were sitting in a quaint little park. Our second favorite spot would be the Solarium. It was beautiful and quiet. The hot tubs in this area were large and relaxing. And was a great place to sit and wait for the sun set each evening. The boardwalk was just okay really. It was a neat concept but other than the donut shop everything out there was a Pay zone, nothing free so not much draw to that area unless you were passing through to head to the aqua theater. The royal promenade could get crowded depending on what was going on as far as entertainment but other than that it wasn't busy. The pool decks would get packed by the pools early, making it hard to get a chair in that area, but you More could always find a chair in the sun somewhere on the ship. Or if you wanted a chair in the shade those were easy to find as well. I've been on other ships where you couldn't get a chair if you weren't out there by 8am. Not the case on this ship.

Now on to food... We liked the "my time" dining option. You could basically eat in the main dining room whenever you wanted with no reservation. The longest we waited in line was maybe 5-8 minutes without a reservation. If you are a picky eater the menu doesn't have too many options. I'm picky and we ate in the dining room 3 of the 7 nights and I was able to find something. We ate breakfast in the Solarium most mornings after our workouts. They serve a healthy breakfast daily. We always got a large bowl of fruit and a couple pancakes with sugar free syrup. The fruit was always super fresh! Lunch was usually in the windjammer where the buffet had plenty to choose from or the pool deck cafee which had awesome hot dogs and a nacho bar. We ate lunch once in the Solarium and loved the gazpacho bar. We did eat lunch once on the last day in the main dining room where they had an outstanding build your own salad bar. We wished we would have discovered this earlier in the week. Sorrento's was a pizza place, all you could eat for free until 3am. It was good but they need to put sauce on the pizza, we got slices sometimes that didn't have any...the royal promenade cafe was great for a late night sugar craving. We always stopped after our last show to grab a cinnamon streusel cake which was to die for. We did not eat in any of the Pay extra restaurants. We definitely took advantage of the serve yourself ice cream cone stations. I think I had 12 cones all week. It was convenient and delicious.

The entertainment...the shows were spectacular. They really do know how to entertain. Our ship had Hairspray and it was great. We really enjoyed the ventriloquist and the comedy show. The ice show and diving shows were great. We were never disappointed leaving a show. One of our favorites was the Quest game show. That was a blast! The love and marriage game was hilarious too and a must see. The daily lineup of activities was fantastic. I don't think anyone could ever get bored on this ship. We made reservations about 3 weeks ahead of our cruise for the shows and never had a problem getting a seat. On the pool deck they had a band each day which played what I call beachy/reggae music. They were really good! We looked forward to some movies but they were much older movies that didn't really lure us in to the theater.

The drinks/bar....the drinks were not that expensive really. beer ran around 4 a bottle and fruity drinks were around 8. But I rarely tasted a good amount of alcohol. The bar staff is always around to serve you quickly.

The rooms...we had an interior room and it was plenty big enough for sleeping which was really the only time we were in our room. I brought extra hangers from home but wouldn't have needed to. They had plenty and plenty of shelving and drawer space for all our stuff. I really appreciated the vanity that was in the room. The TV was large and most of the time you could find something good to watch while getting ready for dinner or getting settled in at night. They did a great job keeping things tidy and towels in the bathroom. The hairdryer sucked. The bed was high enough that you could slide your luggage under and out of the way. its the little things that make me happy I guess.

Other things to do... we watched people do the flo rider but never got around to doing it ourselves which I regretted, same goes for the rock climbing wall. the zip line wasn't long enough for the trouble for me. The putt putt was fun but we noticed after day one it seemed to be a little crowded. The belly flop contest was fun to watch.

The fitness center was AMAZING. The only thing I would change is the free weight area was always really congested. It was the smallest area and seemed to be where everyone wanted to be. There was always a line for the one and only bench press. We worked out 5 times and used the track quite a bit Overall it was a great area! Oh the water fountains sometimes had really warm water.

The cruise director Amy was amazing at her job. Two thumbs up for Amy!!! She made it fun!

Disappointments....The divers comedy show was not funny. The library was not worth walking in to. I would have liked to see a little store to buy magazines, books, crosswords etc for those days when you are just hanging by the pool and need something to pass the time. The pizza needs sauce!

I really don't have to many negatives on my list. The vacation was awesome! And I will not go on another cruise unless it is with Oasis of the Seas or a newer bigger ship. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 6

we had an interior and it was a great room. Plenty of room and closet space.

We didn't even get off the ship at this port. Two years ago we got off to shop and didn't like the area. Seemed dirty. We did not take an excursion though so if we would have done that we may have gotten to see a much prettier side of Nassau. But just to get off the ship and walk around what I guess you would call their shopping district was not worth the time/trouble. We chose to stay on board and take advantage of very little people being on the ship.
Read 2646 Nassau Reviews

we didn't have a set excursion but opted to take a taxi to Orient Beach instead. the beach was gorgeous. It cost about $24 to get there per couple. The beach is bathing suit optional, it didn't bother us. We just chose to lay on the beach all day and look at the gorgeous water.

We took a taxi from the port and went to Megen's Bay which is voted one of the top ten beaches. We first of all disagree with that in our own opinion. Secondly the taxi service at this port is extremely disorganized and confusing. We didn't have an excursion planned but just went to the beach which cost $36 in taxi fees to the beach and back and $8 to enter the beach (per couple). We chose not to shop on Main St because it looked extremely congested.
Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews