Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by ssgmike

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: ssgmike
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: JS
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Rates 5+

Bahamas Cruise Feb 18-26, 2013
This was our second, and not our last on Carnival.

Starting off was great fast check in with upgrade to Jr. Suite. Placed in holding room with our suite cruisers. Room was basic with coffee and water. Would have been nice if they had a TV screen at least with cruise destination information for viewing just something to do instead of just sitting there.

Accessing ship for embarkation was a breeze as it always is with cruising, not sure why airports can not use this as an example of boarding passengers.

Had lunch on 9th floor while awaiting for the room which was available shortly after we had lunch. Room was really nice much better then I thought, except for one thing. Next to the best is a large ceiling to floor 6 foot wide window with a curtain. If the curtain is opened there is a staircase from the aft hallway leading down to the lower floor. It would have been great to be able to leave that curtain open.

Pre-ordered a birthday decoration package which was hanging from the entire ceiling, nicely down wife surprised. Jimmy our steward was very nice and helpful.

The dinning was nice especially since the 2 couples who were at our table were social. We became friends and hope to see each other at some time. Dinner was good. The brunch at sea I really did not care for the menu was basic and not really a brunch type. Could have been more extensive or at least changed daily when at sea. Lunch either in the main dinning room or upstairs on 9th floor was good. Wait staff very good

The ports my wife and I have been to before and enjoy them especially the fan boat rides checking out the gators.

One thing I complained about a few times is that in prior cruises, not sure if on Carnival when enter any eating area there is someone to make sure you sanitize your hands, seems Carnival does not do that, they have the honor system. So many people just walked in without sanitizing their hands especially with children which surprised me. Think Carnival should reconsider this. And also did not see anyone cleaning the stair rails which everyone seems to hold onto when coming down the stairs. Again Carnival should look at this.

The shows. Well we went night one which turned out to be due to rocky seas the Motown show with Jeremy which I really enjoyed especially since he danced during one of his songs with my wife in the isle. Then a couple songs later I along with 3 other guys were taken on stage to make up the Temptations dancing. Lots of fun. Day 2 show was nice, but seemed some dancers were out of step could happen I guess. Day 3 the ventriloquist was kind of dry so we left but heard he got better when he brought some young teens on stage. After that we saw no other shows.

The ship was clean throughout and all the staff were great. So I give this a 4.

Publication Date: 03/04/13
Read the Bahamas ports review by ssgmike
More Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews