“Recommendation for Ft Lauderdale/Miami Cruises”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

rapvm16932 Carnival Glory 5 Recommendation for Ft Lauderdale/Miami Cruises
rapvm16932
Member Since 2005
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I don't go into every little detail about each cruise but I do hope that some of the info will help you in planning your next trip. This was our annual family and friends cruise consisting of 10 happy cruisers this year. Hotel: One night at the Days Inn Ft Lauderdale Hollywood Airport South. The hotel is very convenient to the FLL and the Miami Port. Everyone except for me flew into the Fort Lauderdale Airport and used the hotel shuttle to get to the hotel. I used the convenient and inexpensive 7 day parking offered by the hotel. The staff was very professional and helpful in meeting all our needs. Shuttle: We used SAS Transportation to take the 10 of us to the port. This is the 3rd time we have used them and they were professional and efficient each time. The driver arrived on time and got us to the port as scheduled. On the return, within minutes after calling him he picked us up and got us back to the Fort Lauderdale Airport and the hotel. I was very concerned about getting to the airport on time because some of my family had booked flights leaving around noon. This turned out to be no problem because everyone checked into their flights with time to spare. Cruise: A very good cruise as expected. Everyone in my family had a very good time on the ship and the ports. I don't go into the details of the cruise because everyone has their own opinion about food and entertainment. Recommend: 1 - Days Inn Ft Lauderdale Hollywood Airport South. -Easy shuttle from Ft Lauderdale airport to hotel. -Comfortable and clean rooms. -Cruise parking available. -Great staff who are willing to go the extra mile to help. 2 - SAS Transportation (have used them 3 times) -Easy to make reservation over the web. -Will respond to any special request. -On time at hotel and port pickups. -Each driver was professional and very helpful.
Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

Port
If you love sand and surf this is the port for you. Lots of beach and plenty of water to enjoy.
Read 1,363 Grand Turk Reviews
Parasailing
The parasailing was excellent. Went up about 40 feet and the ride lasted about 10 minutes. The only drawback was the price Carnival charged.
Port
All 10 of us walked off the ship and took a 2.5 hour bus tour of the city. I have been to San Juan many times but I saw some areas I have never seen before. It was a very good and informative tour - except for 2 passengers who were 20 minutes late in getting back to the bus at one of the stops (it is a shame that there are many who don't have any consideration for others). Also, by arraigning the tour at the port, it cost us half of what Carnival was changing.
Read 2,274 San Juan Reviews
Dolphin Swim
Had a fantastic time. The ride over to the Dolphin swim was great. We got to swim about an hour.
Published 03/05/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Glory Review
Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?