Carnival Victory Cruise Review by dreamgirl1908: A Wonderful Vacation!

dreamgirl1908
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A Wonderful Vacation!

Sail Date: February 2013

I am just beginning to adjust to my return to reality, but thought it necessary to write a review after my 2nd voyage on the Carnival Victory in six months. The itinerary and date are the only reasons that I decided to sail on the Victory again. It wasn't because it was my absolute favorite ship. However, this 2nd trip allowed me to appreciate some of the details I missed my first trip:
1. Stateroom- I stayed in a Balcony room on the 10th floor. I like the floor, because it was close to the lido deck (food and fun). I also enjoyed not having as long of a wait for the elevators. The stateroom attendant wasn't as warm at first, could've been cultural, but turned out to be a really nice guy. He was on top of his job, and our rooms were clean everytime we returned.

2. Food- We ate every morning and afternoon in the Mediterranean Room (9th floor). The lines were outrageous, but what can one expect when there are almost 3,000 passengers on a ship. I did appreciate that there was More an express breakfast line. It was always empty, and I caught onto that by the 2nd day.

The dining room was great. The food was always hot, and the servers were very much concerned with whether we enjoyed our meal or not. They were willing to get us another entree if we were not satisfied with what we had. My absolute favorite dish was the lasagna bolonese(sp?).

The 24 hour room service was a life saver. After an early dinner and late night life, I would return to the room famished. I enjoyed a hot reuben sandwich at night and the service was quick.

3. Decor- I think the Victory is a nice sized beautiful ship. There were bars and lounges that we never knew were there on the first trip. I just can't stand those OLD TVs. My TV was even missing buttons. If nothing else, please change the TVs. It takes away from the beauty of the ship. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Balcony Panorama 1010

This was my second visit to Grand Turk. It was nice to walk right off the ship and onto the beach. The water was chilly, but refreshing because the sun was stronger that I anticipated. I actually left a little sunburned. We also took a dip in the pool at Margaritaville. There were games and music, people seemed to really be enjoying themselves. My only complaint about this port is the unreasonable prices for drinks. I think they really take advantage of people by charging $8 for one 12 oz beer.

Prior to visiting Half Moon Cay, I saw very few posts and reviews. I was a little concerned about not enjoying the port, because there was so little information about it. Boy was I wrong! My server at dinner said the water in Half Moon Cay has the most beautiful water he'd ever seen. I wholeheartedly agree! The water was like that in a swimming pool, you could see straight to the bottom. The sand was so soft and felt like powder under my feet. There were tons of things to do! There was the Captain Morgan Sunken Ship, and the bar was packed. The cruise line has scheduled activities from tug of war to a free throw contest. There was a live calypso band and the DJ from the ship providing music. The best part was the barbeque provided by Carnival (FREE): jerk chicken, broccoli salad, burgers, hotdogs, chili rice, fresh fruits and desserts. I would like to go back tomorrow, but I guess I'll settle for next winter

This was my third visit to Nassau. It's very much a fast pace shopping port. You'd have to book an excursion to experience the beach. After visiting shops recommended by the cruise shopping expert and buying some popular tortuga rum cakes, we hungout in a restaurant called "Sharkies" where we enjoyed frozen drinks and local cuisine
Read 2624 Nassau Reviews