Carnival Victory Cruise Review by dreamgirl1908

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Victory Cruise Review by dreamgirl1908
Carnival Victory
Carnival Victory
Member Name: dreamgirl1908
Cruise Date: February 2013
Cabin Category: 8E
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

A Wonderful Vacation!
I am just beginning to adjust to my return to reality, but thought it necessary to write a review after my 2nd voyage on the Carnival Victory in six months. The itinerary and date are the only reasons that I decided to sail on the Victory again. It wasn't because it was my absolute favorite ship. However, this 2nd trip allowed me to appreciate some of the details I missed my first trip:

1. Stateroom- I stayed in a Balcony room on the 10th floor. I like the floor, because it was close to the lido deck (food and fun). I also enjoyed not having as long of a wait for the elevators. The stateroom attendant wasn't as warm at first, could've been cultural, but turned out to be a really nice guy. He was on top of his job, and our rooms were clean everytime we returned.

2. Food- We ate every morning and afternoon in the Mediterranean Room (9th floor). The lines were outrageous, but what can one expect when there are almost 3,000 passengers on a ship. I did appreciate that there was an express breakfast line. It was always empty, and I caught onto that by the 2nd day.

The dining room was great. The food was always hot, and the servers were very much concerned with whether we enjoyed our meal or not. They were willing to get us another entree if we were not satisfied with what we had. My absolute favorite dish was the lasagna bolonese(sp?).

The 24 hour room service was a life saver. After an early dinner and late night life, I would return to the room famished. I enjoyed a hot reuben sandwich at night and the service was quick.

3. Decor- I think the Victory is a nice sized beautiful ship. There were bars and lounges that we never knew were there on the first trip. I just can't stand those OLD TVs. My TV was even missing buttons. If nothing else, please change the TVs. It takes away from the beauty of the ship.

Publication Date: 03/05/13