Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by Grimnash

Member Name: Grimnash
Cruise Date: February 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: 8M
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Disappointed
This cruise was the 10th cruise for my wife and I, and we were a little disappointed. Carnival is our favourite cruise line up to this point, but I'm not sure if I would do any cruise more than 7 days with them again.

There was no heating in our cabin and there was nothing that anyone could do about it. The only choices for climate control was a knob on the vent on the ceiling which regulated whether we got more or less cold air blowing in the cabin. The temperature throughout the ship also varied greatly depending on which area you were in. In some areas, you needed a sweater and then on the other end of the ship on the same deck you needed shorts.

The entertainment was horrible on this trip.

The food was generally good in the dining room except for the 2 incidents where I had hair in my food. We only went to the buffets a few times and they were uninspiring. The biggest disappointment was the Chef's Table. We have booked this extra on several cruises before and this time we were greatly disappointed. The assistant Maitre D' asked about dietary requirements the day before the dinner and I told her of my allergies and that I was diabetic and required a no sugar meal. Well, they avoided my food allergies (Jalepenoes) but did nothing about creating a no sugar meal for myself. I have been on this excursion on other Carnival ships where they have made everything, dessert included, no sugar as well as no gluten for another guest. When I brought this up afterwards to the assistant Maitre D' she said she was sorry and was going to do something "nice" for us. Apparantly that something nice was to ignore us. On the second last day of the cruise, I went to customer service and again complained about the Chef's table not meeting my dietary requirements, I was told they would again see what they could do, apparently that was nothing.

Another disappointment was our cabin steward. When we booked the cruise, we were not informed that they would be letting some of the crew off early. Our Cabin steward was let off in Barcelona so for the last 6 days, our cabin did not get made up on a regular basis. If we wanted our cabin made up, we had to be out of it by noon for the morning and between 5 and 6 pm for the evening. We had booked at late dining for 8:15, so most evenings we were in our cabins either napping or getting ready for dinner at that time.

Publication Date: 03/04/13