Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by WintersCruisers

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by WintersCruisers
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: WintersCruisers
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: C1
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Younger Cruisers enjoyable time . . .
Hello fellow traveler!

My Celebrity Silhouette pre-cruise expectations:

Smaller balcony than we are used to. OK food. No T-pool. No aromatherapy showers. And a lot of other negative things I read on the cruise critic member message boards before departing. Wood try all restaurants: initial ranking was Morano #1, Qsuine #2, Tuscan #3, Bistro #4. I booked Murano and QSine 2x to make sure all menu options could be experienced.

____________________________________________________

My Experience: I list the following as a comparison to other cruises I have been on . . .

1. Getting on the ship was super fast compared to any other embarkation process I have been through. Yessss! (We arrived after going to Calvary Chapel, Ft. Lauderdale, Church service and getting shuttle to ship. 2pm ish)

2. Sail away was very nice. No pushy drink sellers! (surprised-yeay!)

3. Room: Champagne chilling, greeted by stewards, attended to immediate requests. Asked for three more pillows (every day going forward, mini-bar empty to make room for other items & 2 daily ice buckets refilled twice per day. No hesitation! Flowers in room-great! Balcony larger than expected. AFT room requested, gave us the wake we wanted morning, noon and night. Yesssss!

4. Food: Went to all restaurants except for Lawn grill porch. I cook at home all the time. I didn't think I needed to cook on a ship for $80.00 . . . Surprise! Murano and Qsine did not WOW me. Tuscan did! We cancelled second reservations with Murano and Qsine and went to Tuscan instead. Filet w/ Bordelo sauce, wild mushroom Ravioli & pistachio crème Brule were all exceptional. Buffet has one disappointment as it did not serve main dining room food featured nightly and changed very little. Food was still good. Hamburgers with sauteed onions and mushrooms were great. I didn't wonder if they used horse meat or other fillers as I did on some other cruises . . . Gelato "bar" was great! Yum. Main dining room-no complaints but not 5 star. Please tell me that you didn't expect 5-star dining when a thousand people were being served at once-right?!

5. Activities: Normal but with a couple of nice surprises . . . My wife went to 4 "art" classes where she made a ring, necklace, stamp and landscape portrait. Also, Persian garden warm loungers and saunas with ocean view were very relaxing.

6. Casino: it was normal with one major exception. All the people were nice. I mean really nice. No, not just to get my money. The employees were actually thanking each other and being considerate of each other. I am used to questionable-character casino cruise ship workers . . . very pleasant surprise!

7. Back to home: Leaving . . . Some fellow cruisers were rude. So what. Getting off went well with no incidents. Got to airport in plenty of time to fly back home.

__________________________________

WILL/WOULD I GO AGAIN?

I would, but probably won't.

Why?

It was great!

But, my sense of adventure tells me to try another ship and/or destination!

Reminder . . . We won't be on this earth that long. Shouldn't you/we search for God's plan for our life and pursue it with all of our heart? I Have and found that God is loving, gracious and kind and He is not to be blamed for man's free will decisions. Accept eternal life found only in what Christ did for us and then hang on for the greatest Adventure of your life! Everything will be made right in heaven. Find a good church and learn more about Him. If you can be in eternity with Him, shouldn't you start to learn more about Him? Seek and you WILL find!

My best to you on your journey . . . !

Publication Date: 03/04/13