Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by onmymind1

Carnival Destiny
Member Name: onmymind1
Cruise Date: February 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

IF IT WERE MY FIRST IT WOULD BE MY LAST
This was my 8th transatlantic cruise. Previously I had high marks for Carnival.

PRO: 95% of staff were aces.

CON: By day 4 I had asked if I could get an airlift from the ship to our first port. The activities director would be good on a 3 day cruise. No direction, no organization, short sighted on planning and bottom rung entertainment. If you enjoy bingo, trivia, knitting, crafts and watching mold grow you would be on the right cruise ship. The highlights were going to a jewelry raffle or ART sale. No they did not have watching mold grow on the daily activities but the others were about the only activities on the daily list. It was as if i were in an assisted living facility, but with no where to escape for 10 long days. I could go on and on it was pathetic.

As for the food, I had better at waffle house.

They were working on the ship from day on for its new look. That means not all elevators operational, areas closed or restricted, oil based paint odors, loud drilling tools, some heavy dust areas. Our stateroom had the odor of cat urine, to which I was informed it was from an adhesive they used in the bathroom.

I will be returning to the US in October, it will be with another cruise line.

Publication Date: 02/28/13