Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by Goldenco: Rhapsody of the Seas

Rhapsody of the Seas

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Having one of the 5 Owner's Suites, maybe our expectations were too high. The Royal Suite next to us had, for some incredible reason, a player piano in it along with a lot of guests. The first two days, they played the piano at high volume with the balcony door open. My wife couldn't read from her Kindle and I couldn't hear my iPod. My wife took the high road and called Guest Services. The folks in the cabin couldn't hear the phone ring because of the music, so Guest Services sent Security; the music finally stopped. Then they did it a second day, and my wife called, and I went to Guest Services and said that if it wasn't resolved for the rest of the cruise, I would solve it. No more player piano.

The cabin is right below the Windjammer and we constantly heard noise from chairs and tables being moved, along with very More early morning cleaning. Speaking of the Windjammer, the food was very good, but the two times when we went up there, there was absolutely no room for us to sit. Totally jammed, so we went to our cabin and called room service. Unfortunately, the room service never came.

The staff was very good, polite and attentive, and eager to fix any minor problem. The Concierge, Amit, was excellent and very friendly. Daniele D., one of the Stateroom supervisors was also excellent.I agree with the other poster who discussed the noise on the main pool deck. It was extremely annoying and I'm amazed anyone could stand it. It seems as if they think the louder it is, the better.

The food was very good, not great.

Our kids (in their 20's and in separate cabins) went to some of the evenings shows and said they were pretty lame, so we bowed out of any of them.

The fitness center was acceptable, not as good as most of the ships we've been on, but then, it wasn't used as much, either. Enough cardio; minimum weight equipment, and older. Since we only had two at-sea days, was not a big deal.

News was scarce, and I miss the daily fliers with the national news on it.

Excellent staff, not very good procedures. Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Rhapsody of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Rhapsody of the Seas Owner's Suite Deck 8 8012

Having one of the 5 Owner's Suites, 8012, maybe our expectations were too high. The Royal Suite next to us had, for some incredible reason, a player piano in it along with a lot of guests. The first two days, they played the piano at high volume with the balcony door open. My wife couldn't read from her Kindle and I couldn't hear my iPod. My wife took the high road and called Guest Services. The folks in the cabin couldn't hear the phone ring because of the music, so Guest Services sent Security; the music finally stopped. Then they did it a second day, and my wife called, and I went to Guest Services and said that if it wasn't resolved for the rest of the cruise, I would solve it. No more player piano. Our cabin had a nice jacuzzi which worked well, as well as a bidet. I have no idea if the bidet worked, and just took up space as far as I was concerned. The cabin is right below the Windjammer and we constantly heard noise from chairs and tables being moved, along with very early morning cleaning. The balcony, being of an older design, has much less privacy than newer ships, with significant gaps between the screen and the superstructure. All-in-all, I would probably sail on the Rhapsody again, although not pay for an Owner's suite. Not enough value in it.