“Ocean Princess - Home away from home.”
Cruise review of Ocean Princess

storm0429 Ocean Princess 4 Ocean Princess - Home away from home.
storm0429
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Having spent many years wanting to visit the Greek Islands, we took the opportunity to book this cruise on a "small ship" rather than one of the bigger Princess ships. The atmosphere was fabulous, with a much more intimate feel about the whole ship. We spent the whole 14 nights with the same dinner partners and were made to feel completely at ease by the table staff. The one strange thing about this cruise was the fact that it was 2 cruises run back to back, and there was a large contingent who left after the first 7 days and were replaced by a new group of travellers. We had to settle our account, move dinner tables, and clear out my $10 balance in the casino( I really didn't appreciate the 10.30pm phone call to tell me I had to go and close the account in person.) We had most of the inconvenience of 2 cruises, but only 1 cruise included on our Captains Circle membership. Back to the cruise: It was great, visiting all the ancient sites, although I could have done without the Carpet factory at Ephesus. We had only 2 sea days, and I was disappointed that there was not much to do on the ship. I felt they could have organised a few more activities, but I guess that's a drawback of the small ship. Generally I was very happy with the cruise, and eagerly await my next adventure, although this time we are on the Sun Princess, back to the big ships.
Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Oceanview

Cavtat Walking Tour
Stunning little port south of Dubrovnik. Just lovely for a walk around, and then back to the city via a lovely little village in the hills.
Published 02/28/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Ocean Princess Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?