Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by ON THE VERGE: GREAT VACATION

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Southern Caribbean Cruises

GREAT VACATION

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

WE LEFT FROM LOGAN ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON DAY BEFORE CRUISE, STAYED AT A HILTON NEAR CRUISE TERMINAL. IT WAS FINE ,very comfy beds. COULD SEE THE SHIPS OUT OUR WINDOW, CAB RIDE TO SHIP WAS UNDER 20 ARRIVED at cruise terminal at 1230. I Have never experienced an easier embarkation . basically walked on the boat , waited in line maybe 10 minutes. great job carnival!!! Ship was what i expected after seeing pictures on cruise critic. I Loved the ship everything clean and new, loved the new look!!! We went and checked put our cabin just about 100pm and they were just finishing up. took a quick peek . we had cabin 2234, deluxe ocean view, had the two bathrooms. large picture window, was perfect for the four of us. some nights you could really feel the ship, but not bad. it was cool to see the surf when it was rough. We had guys burgers for lunch, definitely lived up to the hype!!! So good!! and they gave you plenty of fries, Once i even went up and asked for just fries for my More son and they gave me a ton. Loved the fries as well.

We did the anytime dining . It worked out well for us. I did miss , making that connection with wait staff they we had done in the past. But i think every cruise is so individualized , overall i liked the flexibility. I have to say the first night in the main dining . I was not impressed with our servers, very impersonal and they were all running around , but it took a while for our food. If that was the case , every night I would not have been happy. But every other night we had good experiences. The food in the main dining room was for the most part good. Did it wow me ? No, but no cruise ship has, except the specialty
dining restaurant . The bread was fresh and usually hot, the food was always warm , alot of times hot!

The staff work there butts off, they never stop!! The bar service was slow in the dining room and it was often difficult to get more there one drink at dinner. I would usually stop at the bar on the way in and grab a martini or glass of wine. We never ate at the buffets except for breakfast. Breakfast offered a large selection and was always good. We did the chocolate extravaganza buffet on the last sea day it was awesome!! make sure you find the swans!! We never did the sushi but wanted to. I tried a taco the last sea day and wished i had more. I had one chicken and one pork taco. Both good, The pork marinade was delish!! loved the flavor. I think there is something for everyone on this ship. Never tried the indian food, but it looked good. We did the italian restaurant one night, it was very good, definateley worth it. We also did the steak house we brought or kids too, almost 16 and almost 17, they loved it too. was amazing not to be missed. my son ate the pizza a lot , it was yummy. my son also really enjoyed the teen club, made alot of good friends and they had a lot of activities and did a group picture at the end and t shirt .He was out every night until 1 or 2. We have done a lot of great vacation, including hawaii and he said this was his best vacation !!! that surprised me that it won out over hawaii!!

We enjoyed the comedy clubs a lot. I have to say the main show productions were a disappointment . We walked out on the first night welcome aboard show, it was just butch the cruise director talking the whole time and a few previews of some of the shows . I know a lot people love butch on cruise critic . but i have to say , he didn't do it for me, He reminded me of a wanna be ryan seacrest. the hasbro game show was cute. but i don't think should be a prime time evening show. I think carnival needs to rethink there evening shows. and put more money into it. If it wasn't for the comedy shows , i would have been complained. We watched brits for like 5 minutes one night, but didn't stay.

We did miss grand turk because of high winds, which was a major disappointment ! I know carnival put alot of money into that port, but they need to rethink that. I would have never booked a eight day cruise with only 3 stops. fix that carnival . if it tends to be windy there in certain months , go somewhere else
Hello.

We had a great family vacation, and would definitely go again. !!! Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 2234

quiet , great cabin

had a great time, we rented a jeep, went shopping, and went to palm beach . my son rented a jet ski, if you have never been to aruba. it's a great island. beautiful and safe!!!!!great beach day.
Read 686 Aruba Reviews

Aquarium

(4)
enjoyed the tour and island , once the son went down , didn't feel safe.

my husband and son, did the ATV TOUR, THEY REALLY ENJOYED IT. DEFINATLY NEED sun glasses or goggles for dust.