Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Seaclusion2011

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Seaclusion2011
Majesty of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Member Name: Seaclusion2011
Cruise Date: February 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: SO
See More About: Majesty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Wonder First Time Cruise!!!
This was a GREAT cruise but it goes by way too fast. This was my first cruise with my mom, best friend and her mom. We started the trip off by staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay for two nights before the cruise. The Marriott is right across the bay from the Port. You can see the Majesty of the Seas come into port the morning of the cruise around 6:00-6:30 a.m. Since we were right across from the port we decided to get there early (left hotel at 10:15 a.m.) and be one of the first people on the ship. We walked right on, no waits and no problems.

Once we were on, we went straight to the Windjammer for lunch at around 11:30 a.m. After lunch we went to our room at 1:00 p.m. Our room (#9532) on 9th deck, was perfect. It is right in between two life boats and has a nice view out the window. Plus it is close to the elevators. Never heard any noise outside our room and it's a nice size room with a little couch and glass coffee table. You can have the beds put together to make one bed or separate them to make two. Our room was ready but our luggage was not there yet. We brought our swim suits in our carryon, so we were ready to go to the pool and have a drink. We pulled out of port around 5:00 -- 5:30. Sitting around the pool deck and enjoying a cocktail was my favorite part of the cruise, I actually got to sit and relax.

Our dinner in the Starlight dining room was at 6:30 p.m. every night, which was perfect. We really enjoyed the shows after dinner every night. The love and marriage show was hilarious.

On Tuesday, we went to Nassau. On the first night we bought all of our excursions for the week. We bought the tour of the Atlantis Hotel which I personally thought was a waste of money. You get to see all the big aquariums and underground make believe stuff, but I think the taxi tour we did right off the ship was better. For only $20 a person we took a tour of Nassau. This is not a tour you sign up for on the ship. You pay the taxi driver right there when you get off the ship. I liked seeing the country and our taxi driver "Charlie Brown" was awesome, he took us to a beach for pictures, and two other shops and told us a lot of interesting facts about Nassau. Be aware at the Straw Market, which is basically a huge building with a lot of vendors in their own little tiny booth selling you the exact same thing as every vendor in there. We went there at the end of the day and a lot of them were desperate to sell something so they were really lowering their prices. They are very pushy and won't leave you alone. I couldn't wait to get out of there, it was draining. Then we got back around 4:30, took a shower and then off to dinner at 6:30. Not a lot of relaxing.

The next day, Wednesday, we went to Coco Cay Island, Royal Caribbean's private island. Now that was really nice. Perfect weather! Went straight to the beach, close to the bar and music and just relaxed. The time there went way too fast, loved every minute of it. Bring your camera, great photo spots. The lunch they served was mediocre, barbeque, nothing outstanding, but good. We did walk over to Barefoot Beach which I read in previous reviews had softer sand, but you are NOT close to the music or bar, so we opted not stay there.

The next day (Thursday), was Key West. What a fun and happening place. We did the Trolley Tour which was worth it (bought that on the ship). You can get on and off at any location that they stop at. We never got off; we just stayed on the whole time. Wear your comfortable shoes this day, you are walking a lot. By the time you get back and take a shower and go to dinner, you are tired, at least I was. I opted not to do the shows that night because I just wanted to sit on the upper deck at night and look at the stars. I never felt like I was on a cruise because we were constantly running, taking a shower and eating. Oh, and by the way, when we went to Nassau and Key West, we always went back to the ship to eat lunch (the Windjammer buffet), we didn't want to pay for lunches, although it would have been nice to eat somewhere else and try new foods.

I really enjoyed this cruise. Someday I would like to take my husband and kids and I definitely want to have more days at sea so that I can just relax more at the pool. Also, don't miss the midnight buffet; it's worth staying up for, a lot of dancing, ice sculptures and good food.

Have fun!!