Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Relajada

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Relajada
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: Relajada
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: E2
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Had a good time but there were issues
First of all, the best part of this cruise was New Orleans. It was the first time in NOLA for my daughter and I. We got in a day before the cruise and instantly fell in love with New Orleans.

The Navigator looks good, most aspects are the same that we experienced on Carnival Victory and Princess. They did not have an outdoor movie screen which limited outdoor interest for me. I read that they will do a rehab of this ship by next year.

I had read several reviews of this ship before and noticed that a smell in the hallways was included on most. Our room was on the 6th floor, it was a balcony room and we did not notice a sight but noticeable mildew smell in the hallways. The thing that bothered me most about this cruise was the habit of walking to your cabin during the day or night and finding large bags that may have contained laundry in the hallway. There were also vacuum cleaners left in the hallway and a machine that looked like some sort of fan. I know that the room stewards have to get rid of dirty laundry and clean the rooms, but I have never seen up to twelve or more huge red bags lined up against the wall for hours a day. Everyone has seen the little carts that are used to replenish toilet paper, soap, clean towels etc..., but these items were frequently in the hallway and it looked so tacky and low class.

I will be very surprised if no one else mentions this.

The food was o.k., just o.k. The service was great, everyone worked very hard to please.

The Windjammer's food was routine and boring, it never changed. The quality was so-so.

The "Jade Restaurant" is a joke. I love Asian food and looked forward to some good Asian food.

Most of the time the space in Jade was taken up with American type foods. Occasionally there would be some fried rice or stir fry that was poorly prepared.

All in all, We still had a good time overall despite my criticisms. I would not say however that Royal Caribbean has consistently high standards. I know that Carnival has issues with their ships, but

their rooms are larger, the entertainment was better, and I didn't feel nickel a dimmed for gratuities on an ice cream cone after you've already been charged an extra 15% for it.

Publication Date: 02/28/13