Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by kaymojito: Brilliant!!!

kaymojito
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Voyager of the Seas South Pacific Cruises

Brilliant!!!

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

We have just returned from a fantastic cruise on the Voyager of the Seas.
We traveled as a group of eight family & friends and we all highly recommend this ship and all it has to offer.
This cruise was chosen by a family member to celebrate a birthday so I booked without doing the usual research. After reading reviews of this ship I was anxious about what we had gotten ourselves into with negative feed-back from other cruisers. I decided to stay open minded to to take it as it came and enjoy the occasion we were celebrating.
My feedback is that whoever gave the negative reviews must have had unreasonable expectations or experienced a run of bad luck!!
The ship , the food , the staff were all fantastic and amazing value for the price we all payed.
The efficient and friendly staff had thousands of passengers processed and boarded easily and quickly - I looked at the line and expected to be waiting for over an hours - 20mins later we were in our cabins.
Our cabin More was small - cabins on ships are small unless you pay for something bigger - I don't know why anyone expects any different.
The staff were ALWAYS friendly and professional and nothing was too much effort for them.
The food was lovely. Maybe a little different to what we expected sometimes but always quick , hot and nice. We had some basic meals and some amazing ones but always to a standard we expected or above. Do you go to a local cafe and expect the standard of Rockpool !!! No - why expect it on a cruise where what is on offer is much better value than what you pay for.
You can't take alcohol on board but drinks are CHEAP. Cocktails that we would normally pay $15.00 - $18.00 for were on average around $9.00 , often cheaper. Beer was cheaper than what we usually pay and wine was around the same as home.
We are regular travelers - we have traveled business class and stayed in five star hotels, we have backpacked and stayed in hostels , we have camped and stayed in "dumps" in third world countries.
I believe that as long as you have fair expectations of what you have purchased and accept that nothing is ever going to satisfy 100% of people 100% of the time, most travel experiences are what we make them. Obviously excepting accident, illness etc.
This ship is in good condition , it is clean , well maintained and full of options all day and night. We ate late , sunned ourselves by the pool , enjoyed the steam room, sauna and whirlpools. We went to music trivia shows , the cinema and adult comedy shows. We met for drinks every night in various lounges and bars before lovely dinners then shows and dancing. If this is not your style you could do craft , attend enrichment lectures or go boot scooting - something for most people.
This ship is fantastic value , fantastic fun and I highly recommend a cruise on it. Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>