Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by powderhound2: Celebrity cheated these first time cruisers

powderhound2
Member Since 2013

Embarkation Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Public Rooms Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity South America & Antarctica Cruises

Celebrity cheated these first time cruisers

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Embarkation: Buenos Aires

We reserved this cruise about a year and half before departure, and paid full price for it. Yet we were assigned a noisy room that I'm sure they are aware should only be used for storage! While at cruising speed there is a constant on and off sound that prevents one from getting a good nights sleep or even being able to retreat to the room during the day. We had to live with this for 14
days! The noise (buzz, or distance horn like sound) varied in length but is generally about 10-12 second on and maybe 5 second off. Several crew members came and heard the sound but did not identify its source and could not reduce it. I suspect it is related to the ship's stabilization system; and as I told the crew members it is loudest at the head of the bed which is against the outside
wall - I noticed nearby staterooms were arranged with the head of the bed against the side wall . .

By the way I'm very hard of hearing, wear two hearing aids when with other people, yet this More noise kept me awake at night!

We heard from other passengers - Captains's club members - who were upgraded from inside cabin to Verandas . . . while we paid for an upgraded outside view cabin that was nearly uninhabitable. Shame on Celebrity for treating first time cruisers to such bad conditions. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Oceanview Stateroom Vista Deck (7) 2121

Room 2121 should never be sold to customers. While at cruising speed there is a constant on and off sound that prevents one from getting a good nights sleep or even being able to retreat to the room during the day. The noise (buzz, or distance horn like sound) varied in length but is generally about 10-12 second on and maybe 5 second off. Several crew members came and heard the sound but did not identify its source and could not reduce it.