Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by drew358

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by drew358
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: drew358
Cruise Date: September 2006
Embarkation: Dover
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: CS
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Constellation - Trans-Atlantic
Since I haven't seen anyone else post a review yet, here is my take;

Background: We've been on 6 cruises, this was our second on Celebrity. Our first cruise was on the Summit in 2004 and that left a great impression on us.

Room: We had room 6104, a Celebrity Suite and my initial impression was disappointment. The couch was stained and ripped. The sitting chair was lumpy, apparently from too many people sitting on the edge of the chair. The bathroom had mold growing around the tiles in the shower and the shower head would not stay up (this was later fixed). The tv in the bedroom always shut off after about 30 to 40 minutes and to restart it, we had to unplug it, then plug it back in.

Entertainment: Excellent. All the entertainers were great to excellent. This is one aspect where I think Celebrity has greatly improved in the last couple of years since our last trip

Food: Great food in the dinning room, although the menu started to repeat itself. The Cod one night was the worst I have ever had. The buffet left a lot to be desired. The selections were not that varied and the quality was not that good. I ended up eating a sandwich wrap on most days, because I couldn't find much I liked.

Service: Great. The Butler was a little cold at first, but he warmed up to us near the end. The waitstaff and cleaning staff were all very good.

The ship looks a bit tired and could use a refurbishment, which I believe it will have early next year. Other then that, the staff did a good job of keeping things clean.

Other Passengers: We met some great people, others had a bit of a NY attitude, and I saw several passengers either berating or scolding some of the staff, which I didn't think they deserved.

Weather: For the most part was good, although we did hit some bumps in the crossing, especially on the second sea day when the winds were very strong.

Overall it was a good cruise. Our butler was telling me how things have changed on Celebrity and how they were not allowed to say no before. Now they say yes, but there will be a charge for this or that. He also said that ever since RCCL bought Celebrity thing have been changing daily and they keep making more cutbacks.

One thing that Celebrity should clarify is the Private Portrait Sitting that suite guests are supposed to get. What does this mean? I thought it meant we got a complimentary photo, but no one knew what we were talking about.

Publication Date: 10/09/06