“Explorer of the Seas - Bermuda”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

muffin782 Explorer of the Seas 4 Explorer of the Seas - Bermuda
muffin782
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Well..this was my first cruise so I was unsure what to expect, all I had to go on was information from the internet and other people. I can say that overall I was pleased and very much enjoyed my cruise.

We sailed from Cape Liberty NJ, and the embarkation was a piece of cake, everything was very organized and we were on board the ship at 12:30. Kudos for this process.

The Explorer is a beautiful ship, gorgeous, and very clean. We had an oceanview stateroom, which was pretty decent, that's the one area that could use some improvement, very small room, but I suppose they all pretty much are. Our room was always cleaned and fresh towels, but other than that nothing much more from the housekeeping staff.

The Explorer did provide a lot of entertainment, but for me being in my 30s, entertainment that did not appeal to my age group.

The food was very good, and always a variety to choose from. The Windjammer was very nice, the only negative was the food was never really temperature hot, I understand the buffet is difficult to keep hot, but warm would have been good.

The pool area was beautiful, but the only complaint I had was, there are 2 outdoor pools and only 1 was open for 3/4 of the cruise and one of the saunas were not working either.

The staff was very gracious and polite especially in the Windjammer, RCCL excelled in this area.

Bermuda was beautiful, I would love to go back and spend more time there.

Well..the disembarkation...that was pretty much a horrible experience, it took us 4 1/2 hours just to get off the boat. 4 1/2 hours? Seriously? Ok, I have to say part of it was not RCCL's problem, let me say that other passengers who do not check out properly and hold 3,000 other passengers from leaving the boat is ridiculous. After all were accounted for, and we were now 1 1/2 hours late starting, the whole process is horrible, RCCL or the Explorer definitely need to find a better more organized way of disembarking the passengers, there were people everywhere, the steps, the staircases, the bar. Once we finally exited the ship, it was a breeze getting the luggage and finding a porter, and finally the car.

I really enjoyed this cruise, but the Explorer should vary the entertainment a little, keep the food if not hot, warm would be good and if nothing else work on the disembarkation process, it was not a pleasant time leaving the boat. The Explorer itself was beautiful, clean, and incredible.

Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Explorer of the Seas Review
Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?