“Carnival Victory - Canada/New England”
Cruise review of Carnival Victory

Sidney7474 Carnival Victory 2 Carnival Victory - Canada/New England
Sidney7474
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We flew into JFK and took the shuttle into the City, checking into our hotel the Westin Times Square, a gorgeous hotel with a great view of your ship when you wake up on embarkation day.

The cab to the port is $9. , Embarkation was long, we waited about an hour. I thought since we were checking in around 3:00 that we would breeze through.

The ship is a very different layout from the other Carnival ships that I have been on. Many of the public areas such as the shops and photo area are astonishingly narrow and difficult to navigate. We have been on the Legend, Elation, Celebration, Fascination and Sensation. I liked this ship the least by far.

We had an inside cabin on the sixth floor. The cabin was very nice, clean and everything worked properly. This ship does not very many drawers. The bathroom was really large and the layout of the room had a nice roomy feel to it. Our room steward was pleasant and introduced himself the first day. No complaints about the room steward.

The casino is really nice and paid out unlike an cruise ship casino I have ever been on. The 2 cent machines were indeed busy and there were only four.

The layout of the entire ship is really confusing, they really need some sort of ships maps laid about the ship. This was my 12th cruise and I have never had such a hard time navigating a ship. I did like the center pool and decking , it was and interesting layout.

The food was not good at all. The selections in the buffet were pretty slim and often quite strange. I always ended up eating the pizza which was pretty good. I heard the Deli was fantastic, but I got tired of waiting in line. It moved so slowly. The tables were left dirty too long and it took a long time to find a clean table every meal.

In the main dining room something was lacking, the food was adequate, but there wasn't a single meal that I felt was really great. On the other hand our wait staff was very good and the entertainment was fun.

My biggest problem with the cruise was the large number of children and the lack of control of them. They were running up and down the halls and very noisy. The "adults only " hot tub consisted of 10 children. I never saw a Carnival representative try to rectify the situation.

I must agree with another review that I read, I was actually relived to get off of the ship, I did not enjoy this cruise at all. This is the first time the I have ever said this after a cruise. Very disappointing.

Halifax is a nice port with lots of nice little shops and restaurants. Not a lot of entertainment, whale watching was a joke don't waste your money!

Carnival Victory Cruises to Canada & New England
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Victory Review
Carnival Victory Cruises to Canada & New England
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?