Carnival Valor Cruise Review by cruzintheocean: Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

cruzintheocean
Member Since 2006

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2006

I was dropped off at the port because I live in the South Florida region. Once at the port of Miami, embarkation went very smoothly and quickly even though there were long lines.

This was my third cruise on Carnival, the previous being on the Spirit (Mexican Riviera) and Liberty (Europe). I have also cruised with Holland America and NCL. This ship was very identical to the Liberty, so I was very familiar with the layout. I first judge a ship on it's cleanliness over the decor and layout. I have always found Carnival ships to be very clean. So to me that is a big plus.

I felt the service was very good in all the dining rooms and Lido restaurants. Only complaint was in the morning on the menu was a "Egg Special" and every morning, none of the waiters knew what it was, they had to ask someone.

We never did any of the shore excursions that were offered, instead we just enjoyed and explored the islands by ourselves. The activities on the ship were pretty good. More I felt they could have had a few more, however I felt all the cruises that I have been on, could have had a bit more. Also, a lot of the activities that I like to do, had limits on the number of people that participate, so not everyone who wanted to do them, could.

I felt the entertainment on the ship was better than the other 2 Carnival cruises. The biggest drawback was that I have seen several of the comedians/acts already on the other cruises.

The stateroom was very nice, bed was comfortable, and the cabin was quite. Plenty of room for clothes and belongings and never felt cramped. All in all this was a great cruise,and had a superb time. Looking forward to my next cruise in Nov, where I will be on the Liberty again, this time for the transatlantic crossing. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>