Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by azo0180: Rhapsody of the Seas - Western Caribbean

azo0180
Member Since 2006

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Rhapsody of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2006
Embarkation: Galveston

This was my second cruise first on Royal Caribbean (First was on Carnival, on Elation out of Galveston 2 years ago). I went with the same people on this ship that I went on my first ship. I am a single male, 27 years of age. I live in Chattanooga, TN.

We decided to not do shore excursions because we are on vacation and we don't want to feel rushed.

My cruise rating overall would be a 9.5 (out of a possible 10). We arrived in Galveston on Sunday morning (we drove from Chattanooga) and had a short wait to get on the ship (customs officers were on the ship). Once aboard (approximately 1:20 p.m.) we had to wait till 1:30 to be able to go to our rooms. We then went to the windjammer (9.8) to get something to eat. The luggage arrived to my room in time to get ready for supper. The dining hall (9.9) was just about perfect the entire trip.

My opinion on the food would be absolutely no complaints. I had more than enough to eat and did not have to wait to get my More food. My servers in the dining hall, Supardi and Oslem did a wonderful job and they were the 2 best servers I have ever had, cruise or restaurant. The head waiters did a great job and made the dining experience even better (on Carnival our head waiters did nothing to make our dining experience pleasant).

The cruise Director's Staff was great (9.2). Dan Dan the party Man was very entertaining. Skippy - Bingo Boy - made the up whenever anyone else might have fallen to the wayside (which was very rare). Eurkey from Turkey was the easiest person I felt to get to talk to (made himself available to interact with the passengers) but at the same time he was a little difficult to understand at times. Of the female staff British Becky did a great job, but Janet from another Planet was just awesome. She was perky and spunky, she made sure everyone was having a good time (not to mention she was the cutest too).

The shows were great. (8.5) I know the rating score is a little low but I have a reason for it. The shows that the RCCL Singers and Dancers put on were near perfection, however there was 1 show I didn't care about. Bouser, in my opinion this was a waste of my time. His background singers were great and they could dance, but he did not entertain me at all. The RCCL singers and dancers did a great job with piano man, pure county, and the other shows. I really enjoyed Rocky Top. She did a great job. All the singers were great, the dancers were really good, my only complaint would be that the dancers would at times sing along but I thought they should at least lip sync the whole time they are out there. Of the dancers my favorite would have to be Teegan, She was just cute and she was the only one that I noticed anywhere else on the ship, and I noticed her at least 4 times. (The first time I actually saw her was by the pool dancing).

The Casino had a great atmosphere (9.5). The Texas Hold 'em Tournament was just great. I liked the variety of dealers that I had at the different tables. My favorite dealers for the way they interacted with the "Donators" would have to have been Madonna (didn't ever catch her last name) and Kelly (I think that was her first name) B. (from Australia).

I really enjoyed the ports; Key West, Cayman Island, and Cozumel. I wish Cozumel had been a docked trip instead of tendered. Other than that my only complaint was the prices in Cayman Island, everything seemed overpriced.

My only complaint about the ship itself was the TV. First, I had to put new batteries in my remote (I used my batteries even though I know RCCL would have given me some). Then the ESPN showed soccer instead of football, this ship is going out of Texas & show some real American football. And on Saturday golf is being shown on ESPN instead of (what is supposed to be on) college Football. The movie selection was good, but show more than the same 2 episodes of "2 and a half men", and the same episode of "How I met your mother". I really enjoyed having Cartoon Network and Boomerang.

Getting off the ship back in Galveston was easy and fast. (It was much easier and faster than the Elation 2 years ago).

So, like I said 9.5 overall. Less