Carnival Glory Cruise Review by dbm1956: Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

dbm1956

Overall Member Rating

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2006
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

This was mine and my husband's 10th cruise and 2nd on the Glory. Our first was 2 years ago, and I must say that I was disappointed in our return trip.

Our embarkation was fine and didn't take long at all, but debarkation took over 3 hours. We were late getting back to Canaveral, had several people get hurt on escalators and then went through multiple checkpoints and doors. We did Self-Service, but still didn't get in our car until 11am.

The food was not up to par with recent trips, the quality was definitely lacking and the service needed help.

Our room steward was lazy and did not replace dirty glasses or refill the fridge.

There were alot of dirty tables in the Red Sail restaurant that sat for awhile, with waiters standing around talking.

There were a few bright spots. One of them being the Emerald Room (specialty restaurant). Truly amazing, great food and our waitress, Tina, was fantastic. Thank you to the Asst. Maitre d' in More the Platinum Dining Room. He was great about taking care of my husband's special diet, letting him select his meal the night before.

So, I think it will be awhile before we take another cruise on the Glory, but it won't stop me from cruising completely. Less

Published 10/06/06

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X