“Queen Mary 2 (QM2) - Trans-Atlantic”
Cruise review of Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2)

europa Queen Mary 2 (QM2) 5 Queen Mary 2 (QM2) - Trans-Atlantic
europa
Member Since 2006
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We are a couple 39 years and 43 yrs, we travelled with children 14 yrs, 8 yrs and 6 yrs. We actually sailed ex Southampton to New York on the 11th August and back again on the 6th September.

All aspects of both journeys were fabulous. Going out our embarkation time was 1500 hours, we arrived early and were on the ship for 1300 hours. Everyone was very polite, (but not in your face polite).

Our children all attended the Kids Zone, although not every day, but the facilities they had for the children and staff were very good. Our daughter, 14 years, met an abundance of teenagers, that basically 'hung around together ' for the week, so we basically did not see her.

The restaurants including the Kings Court were all superb. We dined in the Brittania table 218 every night and requested the same table for coming home, which they sorted out for us, which I thought was very nice.

You can do as little or as much as you want on the QM2. On the way over I attended 3 very good lectures by the author PD James and my husband attended quite a few by Oxford Lecturers on Space, etc.

However, on the way back we didn't attend any lectures, only because we were very tired and obviously lost that hour every night. We were however, on the first connoisseurs Cruise coming home, which we found absolutely fascinating. We went to 3 Art Auctions, we didn't buy anything, not for lack of interest - more lack of no money left after 5 weeks travelling. However, we did learn a great deal about the art industry, and met with artists, Alexander Nichita, John Kelly and Aldo Alonso, also Behrens, the famous American artist.

We found the shows very interesting and well put together - even the children sat through them and enjoyed them, which says quite a lot for my brood.

If I have to criticize any of the facilities - which I'm loathe to I would say that there probably is not a lot for children - although the indoor pool is a saving grace.

But, if you want plenty of children facilities, you could always look at another line. In between our two cruises, we also sailed on Freedom of the Seas which is definitely children oriented, but sadly, lacked the culture, ambience and English of the QM2.

It's interesting to find that all our children preferred QM2 to Freedom, even with less facilities for them. So that should tell you something in itself.

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to Transatlantic
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review
Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?