Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ddbaab53: Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2006

Carnival Valor is a very beautiful ship, however being only a couple of years old she already has battle scares. In the Washington Dining Room many of the lights were out and it was very obvious. Broken pieces of art work in the elevators, etc. Despite her flaws she is a pretty ship. One word of warning, because of the way the ship is laid out be prepared to go up and down a lot.

Getting on board was a breeze. We arrived at the terminal at 10:30 and were on board by 11:15. We did have to wait until after 1 before we were allowed to get into the cabins. Delivery of luggage was very fast however you cannot use the elevators while luggage is being delivered.

All of the ports were wonderful but if you are not one who likes water activities or the outdoors this may not be the cruise for you. These ports are great for folks who want to snorkel or scuba dive. We did not book any of our excursions with the ship so I cannot say how those went. The ones we booked were all More very organized and wonderful. Much cheaper also.

The food on board was good but not great. The selections just didn't seem to be what they had been in the past but I was able to find something every meal. We were disappointed that the Rosies Diner stopped serving so early in the evening. We had early dinner and went up one evening about 9:30 and everything was put away. I was most disappointed in the midnight buffet. Scarlets Restaurant was a disappointment. We were the first ones there and once another table on one side of us arrived and one of the ships officers arrived we seemed to be totally forgotten about. The food was good but that kind of ruined things for our Anniversary Dinner. We were in Roatan that day and if you want a great place for lunch try Gigis Restaurant in French End. The food was fantastic. I ordered Lobster spaghetti and got 3 large lobster tails.

The shows on board were fair, we have seen better ones before. The ventriloquist was the best of all the shows. None of the comedians were very good. There also did not seem to be as many activities going on until the last evening at sea.

We went on the cruise to relax which we did do, but comparing this one to other carnival ships we had been on, I am not impressed. Good thing this was not my first with them. One other observation the only time I saw our cruise director was when she did a talk or intro on stage and when we were leaving the ship. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>