Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Peggy Duffield: Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

Peggy Duffield
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera Cruises

Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

Sail Date: September 2006
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Living in Southern California made this cruise choice convenient-as my girlfriend and I were one hour away from the port.

This cruise was fabulous and we thorougly enjoyed ourselves.

Check-in was very smooth and we we on board with little delay. We had a balcony room and the only thing I would change is not to have a room on the 8th floor. I can sleep through anything, but my girlfriend is a light sleeper and we were right below the Lido deck and there is alot of activity and noise throughout the night that made it tough for her to sleep well.

The food and entertainment was superb. The meals were of a wonderful selection and the presentation was great. The service on all decks was of the utmost. I was particularily impressed with how clean they maintain the ship while we were on board.

The spa had several options to choose from and the gym was great as well with classes and a wide variety of machines to assist in staying in shape.

The More lounges offered alot of choices and there was always plenty to do-we enjoyed every moment on the ship.

Puerto Vallarta: We booked a canopy tour through Tours de los Veranos. Oh My Gosh! This tour was the highlight of the whole week. We rode a bus for about 20 min. to a rain forest and went through 14 zip lines. It was absolutely a blast. You can book a canopy tour through the ship - but this was considerably cheaper (about $50 per person)and it was very easy to secure on line and well worth checking out for the savings.

Mazatlan: We went on a city/hotel tour with Mazatlan Frank and we was a great guy. Picked us up @ 9am and got us back to the ship around 4pm. He toured us around old Mazatlan and then the newer part-stopped at different places to shop and take pictures and provided an awesome lunch at a really nice restaurant by the beach. Great option. He has his own website under Mazatlan-Frank.com. Great value.

Cabo: We parsailed off the coast-that was a blast. Felt very safe and secure. Didn't do any tours here.

Would definitely cruise this ship and this 7 day vacation again! Less