Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Travels4fun

Destination: Hawaii
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Pride of Aloha - Hawaii
We decided to book a cruise for our anniversary since we really like Hawaii and had stayed there for our honeymoon. We booked a 7 night cruise and a package of three nights prior to boarding. The hotel was very nice. We could get checked in for our cruise at the hotel which was very nice and speedy. We felt we were always pushed to purchase shore excursions, which we did.

We have sailed before, different cruiselines though. Our cabin was small as expected. We make due and decorate it up. First thing was when we took showers our shower completely overflowed flooding our cabin the first day. We contacted maintenance but no one ever came. We sloshed around when we came in and out of our room. Then the cabin really started smelling in the evening, obviously it had happened before. We kept calling for maintenance nothing.

The next day when we returned from our day. Our room had only had the bed made. No towels or glasses had been cleaned or replenished. I called the office to request some towels. I had to call three times. When someone showed up she said whew your cabin smells. I said uh yea, no one will come and fix the shower that over flowed look at the carpet. She said she would get someone to take care of it.

My husband and myself are troopers and we are on vacation we want to have a good time. In the past you get to know the crew members and talk with them tell em about your days adventures. No one even hardly smiled when we would come or go. Again, our room had not been serviced this time we had no toilet paper, bed not made, no towels we did have dirty glasses left with lipstick on them. It was beginning to become a joke between us. We would make bets as if we would have our room cleaned or not. When I called down to the office they would always apologize but never follow up. Finally, we just started bringing pools towels to have in our room.

Dining, food was good. We never ordered room service. We like to meet other cruisers and dine with them. We did, by the end of the trip we had a group of eight we hung out with and enjoyed.

Another maintenance issue. Our keys would not work we had to have them rekeyed. When I called down and told the desk we would like to pay a gratuity to the employees who made our stay worthwhile and not have them automatically take the gratuity out. That is when someone really paid attention. I had to write all of my problems down. Oh, last day, I had eight towels, 3 toilet paper and four water glasses. When I left the room I looked at the attendant and said, Hmmm would of been nice to have each of those on a daily basis. He did not even apologize. We left a hefty tip for the dining staff.

We will not be cruising with NCL anymore. Vacation time is precious, if you are going to pay for something you should get the standard, you should not have to fight it for regular things that should be apart of the package.

Publication Date: 10/05/06