Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Coold8: Carnival Inspiration - Western Caribbean

Coold8

Carnival Inspiration - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2006
Embarkation: Tampa

Hi,

Let me start off with by saying I am not your typical Cruise Critic reviewer. I am only 16, and I am going to try and give you a look into the Teen Program on the Inspiration. I have personally been on 11 cruises (this one being #11), mostly carnival, and most newer ships (Triumph and Glory, each twice, and then I went on the Inspiration class about 10 years ago when they first came out).

Embarkation was quick, got at the port at 10:30, was on the boat just after 11am. A quick trick, they say you cannot go down to your rooms until after 1pm, but realistically, you can go drop your stuff off and head up to the Lido as soon as you arrive. I asked the room steward, and he said it didn't really make a difference to him.

Dining: Great as usual, much better than Princess and many different aspects. Our waiters in the dining room were not very energetic, but the food was consistently brought on time.

Drink Cards: I bought a all you More can drink, drink card for the week for $20. They were great but there was one condition behind it, don't even bother ordering through bar waiters through it. The chances of getting your soda are slim to none unless you just so happen to have the guy next to you ordering alcohol. This applies to the ships Lido deck, and a good majority of the lounges.

Shows: Comedians were very good, although be careful if you are from Alabama, they seem to love to pick on people from there. I did not go to the Vegas review type shows, but I did peek in, and they looked all right if you are into that.

Day Activities: On deck, there were lots of great Activities ranging from the Hairy Man Contest to the Fear Factor contest. The Fear Factor contest was kind of joke, and it involved biggest splash contest and spoon diving. In the capers, there were plenty of different Activities from slot tournaments, to art auctions, to promos at the spa.

Internet Cafe: The internet was slow, expensive, and almost insulting. I bought a 60 minutes plan for $24. I got 10 minutes for signing up on the first day and then I bonus 30 minutes for being part of the teen club so I got 100 minutes for about $24. Not bad, but not great.

Teen Club: When I get on a cruise boat I expect to receive the schedule of teen activities, but instead I received nothing. It said the teen club would open at 7 when I did find it. So I went wondering through the ship. Then sometime around 6pm, I got a Club O2 pamphlet underneath the door. It had the schedule, coupons for the spa and internet cafe, and a few other papers describing shore excursions. At 7pm I went up there to find the most dingy Teen Club I have ever seen. It had 2 big screen TVs, one was broken, the other one was not in the best of condition. I read on the schedule that later that night they would have the dance club for an hour before the adults came in at 11pm but for the time being there were ice breakers, and other normal teen club stuff. There was one thing that particularly bothered me about the Teen Club. They had Xbox 360 hour. In which they had 1 Xbox with about 5 games, and 2 controllers. In our teen club there were 30 kids, and only 2 xbox controllers. Ok, 2 controllers. That is pretty bad, the Xbox supports 4. The worst thing about it, was the teen club director spent the whole hour challenging kids to 30 minute games of Madden 06, and if you weren't picked to be one of the 2 kids playing during the hour, you didn't play. Insulting. The room was also right next to the casino, and it appeared to be treasonably slipped in to there, because it smelled of sooo much second hand smoke. It was a good place to meet kids, but not to hang out there.

Pools: Salt water pools, clean water hot tubs. That is pretty much it, nothing really to say.

That is pretty much it.

One thing I do have to comment on is the skyway. Beautiful, I recommend you be outside when you go under it. If you really want to see something beautiful though, go out there around 3am on the last night, and you will see the bridge completely lit up when you go under it again. It is an amazing site. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>