Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Yittles&boone

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Yittles&boone
Majesty of the Seas
Cabin Category: n
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
This was a first cruise for my husband and me, sort of a 4 year late honeymoon if you will. The cruise was supposed to sail to the Bahamas, coco cay and Key West, but because of tropical storm Ernesto we were rerouted to Cozumel, Mexico with two sea days in between.

The ship was amazing! Clean was not the word, from the port we saw maintenance workers painting the ship and on board we saw workers polishing, cleaning and keeping the ship looking awesome. A lot of people had said this ship looked old, but I thought the ship was beautiful. The Viking lounge in particular was astounding! The view was breath taking and it was so quiet up there a great place to watch the sun set, there were only a hand full of people up there every time we went up.

During the day we spent the entire day by the 2 pools, which are salt water but still so refreshing! On the two sea days the pool was pretty packed but it made for interesting conversations. Me and the husband enjoyed Pina Coladas that the bar service brought right to the pool we sat pool side and enjoyed quite a few. The pool side bar attendants were the friendliest, especially Devon from Trinidad; we met him the first day and he remembered our names and our drinks every time we went up.

The activities on board were okay. The comedian on board was hilarious. The newlywed game was a blast. Quest was crazy as usual, but Battle of the sexes could have used some security as there were a small group of drunken teenage boys that kept jumping in and being rude and obnoxious.

Service from the crew was outstanding. They work so hard! The best service came from our stateroom attendant, bar service by the pool and the purser's desk all treated you like royalty. Though, the worst service came from the Mikado dining room attendants. We wanted to sit by our friends who had an extra two seats open the entire time and their head waiter would not let us sit there. This was the last night and all they seemed concerned about was who would get the tip. They actually made a big deal about this, our original waiters told us not to forget to leave the envelope with them. So instead we sat by ourselves at our table with a couple who only spoke Spanish. It was a very quiet dinner.

We went to Cozumel Mexico. Beautiful Place! Mr. Sancho's beach was amazing. Downtown was beautiful as well.

Embarkation was a process!! I guess because they had to re route the trip at the last moment. We stood in line for about 45 minutes till they let people on board. We were on board by 12:00 pm

The stateroom an inside cabin on level 2 was small and could hear everything. In the morning we awoke to another guest throwing up in their stateroom. The room was clean, new towels were always left for us. I did ask our attendant to take out the sodas and replace them with red bull but he told us to dial room service. So I did in the morning and was told I could not get them till 9 am. Very disappointed because I don't drink coffee and that is my morning pick me up.

Disembarkation was a nightmare. We had to go through customs at the port which led to Very Long Lines. We were flying back American Airlines so we thought the port side check-in would be nice. It was 5 dollars a person and they took your checked luggage to the airport for you and gave you your boarding passes. Well our luggage got to jfk a flight before us and we waited almost 2 hours to find that our luggage was in the baggage claim center. I'll never use port side check in again.

Though our cruise was a blast and I will sail rccl again next year on a longer cruise.

Publication Date: 10/04/06