Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Fairyduster: Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Fairyduster
Member Since 2006

Cabin Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: August 2006
Embarkation: Tampa

I've never written a review before, but since I got so much help from the people on Cruise Critic I figured I owed a review back. My friend and I went on the 8/20 sailing of the Miracle. We're both single and in our 20's.

Ship-I thought the ship was beautiful. I know that a lot of people who think it's a little much, but I didn't think so. The dining room wasn't a problem and maybe that's because the changed the lights a couple of weeks ago. Also, we had a booth right by the doors so we consumed by the decor. We stayed in cabin 4237 with a wraparound balcony on the aft. The balcony was definitely great, but we didn't spend a great deal of time on it. I loved the room. The fact it was broken off into 3 sections was great. LOVED the dressing area.

Food- The food on the ship was great. The buffet just tasted like a normal buffet nothing special. The food in the dining room was terrific. I especially loved the desserts. We sat at the same table with two sisters in More their 20's and they were cool. We had a couple problems with service with the 2nd waiter and the drink water, but they were ironed out after a couple of days. We went to Nick and Nora's one night and I highly recommend it. The food was great, the service was great and they had perhaps the best chocolate dessert I've ever had. If you're going on Miracle it's definitely worth going there one night.

Spa- We went to the spa twice. We had manicures done by Fawn. Really sweet girl she told us to come by later in the week so she could retouch our nails. We took her up on that, but after one day back at work they're already destroyed! I wasn't so impressed by the facial I got. It was definitely relaxing, but my skin felt really greasy afterwards. My friends was much better and didn't have the same feeling that mine gave me.

Shows-Ticket to Ride and the Legends show were good. One of the people singing in the Legends show was actually an opera singer in NY. He put the Miracle singers to shame. We saw the hypnotist and the R rated comic. Both we decent. The last night the R rated show was some of the crew members doing a improv show. That wasn't so good. I thought it was filled with in jokes and was sort of like the popular kids getting together and deciding to put on a show.

Activities/Service-The service was pretty great for the most part. Our room steward was attentive, but I found him to be WAY too touchy feely. It was getting to the point where I was getting really annoyed by it. We would actually look out the peep hole and if he was there we'd wait until he went into a room and book down the other hallway. He was just way too much for me. This really doesn't fall under service, but the only complaint I would have with the activities on the ship was that most of the trivia games took place when we were in the ports. There wasn't anything going on at night. I love trivia so that sort of sucked. Also, what people say about Miracle being a "quiet" ship is definitely true. I don't have anything to compare it too, but that definitely seemed to be the case. We had trouble finding stuff to do late at night. If you need a drink and don't ever feel like waiting go to the sports bar. There was never anyone in there.

Ports:

Grand Cayman-We took Nativeways Reef, Rays and Rum Point tour. I had never snorkeled before and I don't plan on doing it again. I didn't like it at all. Not my thing. The stingrays were great. I'd highly recommend that. While it didn't out and out rain it was a bit of an overcast day. There is still damage from the hurricane and construction everywhere.

Cozumel-Our dolphin swim was in the middle of the day so we spent the morning and Paradise Beach. A lovely beach. Nice service. I did parasailing. I'm glad I did it, but I'm not doing it again. Definitely not good for my fear of heights! The dolphin swim was great and after that we headed to Mr Anchors. I loved that beach too. It had more shops and I liked the decor of the bar area. I know it lost a lot of beach after the hurricane. We only got something to eat there and didn't sit out. I'd happily recommend either beach to anyone.

Belize-Out of all the ports we probably had the most fun here. We did the cavetubing and zip lining with Nacho. I'm glad we got to do both. The resort we were at was lovely and the cavetubing was amazing. I actually was pretty ambivalent about it going in too. In all fairness our friends who went through the ship enjoyed their cavetubing experience too. We both had the same complaint though. The cavetubing.com people were pretty loud and obnoxious. The people who used them enjoyed it. We heard them talking about it the next day. However, it's hard to enjoy the natural wonder of a cave when you have people behind you chanting every five minutes. Our friends on the ship tour also complained that while they were walking on the path the cavetubing.com were running by them and them heard people in that group complaining about being left behind. How many times are you going to be in a jungle? Why would you want to run through it as opposed to enjoying it? My guess is that wanted to get into the water to "beat" the larger groups. It was just me and my friend with one guide. Sometimes we were alone in the river and others we were surrounded by people. Neither took away from the experience. Now I know there are people here who rave about cavetubing.com, but from my POV the behavior was obnoxious. We tried to do a little shopping back at the port. The stuff wasn't that great and they were extremely aggressive. A little boy came up to me and asked for money. I gave it to him and seemed to open the floodgates. I was surrounded by kids. At that point we just went back to the ship.

Costa Maya-Definitely the prettiest port. We did the David and Ivan tour. It was good, but not exactly what everyone has been raving about it. I'd recommend them though. Afterwards we went to the Cat's Meow and got something to eat. The water there was perhaps the nicest water I've ever seen and so warm!

Wrap-up-Overall had a good time on the trip. The Miracle is definitely the type of ship you want if you are looking for a more low key time. The ports and the activities you could do at them were pretty great. I don't know if I'm going to become a cruise "addict", but I'm defiantly consider going on a cruise again. If just for the food! Thank you everyone for all you help in planning my trip! Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>