Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Spicy

Cabin Number: M88
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Fascination - Bahamas
I'm a 16 year old who likes to have a good time, I did a cruise on the Fascination (June 12-16, 2006) to Key West and Cozumel and i had such a blast, i could say it was one of the best cruises i've ever taken entertainment was great, activities were awesome so we (as in my family and I) decided to take a weekend and head out towards the Bahamas for the 3 day cruise (August 25-28, 2006).

The trip to the port was the usual, as a 16 year old I went to school and signed out early at about noon, we arrived at the pier at about 1 and headed towards the parking garage. Service was quick and nice, we parked on the 3rd floor then headed down to terminal c. Once in the terminal, we proceeded to Carnival's VIP check in (we are in that concierge club that carnival has) did a brief document check and headed to pick up our room keys and sail and sign card. Once with our cards we took the welcome aboard pictures and got onboard the ship. Inside the ship we took a picture for the sail and sign card and got greeted by fun ship freddy.

We came on board on empress deck then headed 2 floors down to main deck. Our cabin was close to the elevator and easy to find. It was an interior cabin and it was extremely warm. During the duration of the cruise we constantly complained but no one fixed the air. Even at night it was extremely muggy and the bed sheets felt moist. In the cabin slept myself and 3 of my friends, two in the twin beds and the other two on the top bunks. It was very spacious and nice for the exception of the air.

It was my 8th trip on Carnival and my 4th on the Fascination so I basically knew the ship from end to end. We headed to the lido deck and munched out on everything they had(pizza 24hrs, hotdogs, burgers, fries, ice cream) and before we knew it we were heading down to our muster station located in the palace lounge for the boring lifeguard drill. I could safely say that in case of an emergency no one will remember where to go but hey...

Due to that we were a group of 11 we wanted to all sit together in dinner but when we got our seat assignments we were sat all over the place. We went to the maitre'd and he sat us all together after making a few adjustments. We had the sensation dining room at 6:15 and it was nice. Our waiter Donaldo was the BEST anything and everything that you wanted he will bring to you.

Here is where it gets ugly.....ACTIVITIES, when i came in June we had activities every half hour. I remember if we weren't in the lounge laughing at the newlyweds game we were on deck for the basketball competition, well on this voyage we had about 7 activities max. i don't know if its because they changed cruise director but out of all my cruises i don't remember laying down watching tv at 2 in the afternoon in my extremely warm cabin. We asked down at the pursers desk and all they told us is that due to its a 3 day cruise they assume that most passengers come to relax and catch sun rather than doing activities. The response i gave her i can not post but let me "assure" you that it wasn't nice. we paid to have a good time and activities wise it SUCKED.

Teen Club.... it Sucked and your hearing it from a teen. They played music from 1030 to 1130 pm and thats the last we heard about the teen club. All of us teens(about 20) hung out together for the duration of the cruise but it just wasn't the same. The teen director whose name i didn't get was the worst, he didn't plan any activities for us, he was an..., and they should just get rid of him. The last night of the cruise all of us were dancing when he cut off the music and said he had to go. well let me tell you something how would it feel if you were having a good time the music is good and it all just gets cut off instantly with out warning. You'll be mad so if any teenagers are going on this boat prepare yourselves for the worst, bring your iPods

The service was good, no one was ever rude and it was cool.

The entertainers on board were great. The comedian Mike Panzeca was hilarious the shows dancers and the effects used especially for Broadway were awesome. The all time best though was Greta the young lady in charge of Karaoke. She was a sweet heart and trust me if you don't do karaoke, at least on this ship, you didn't go on the cruise. It was the best time we had on bored and that's how we got to meet a lot of people. The disco was for 18 and over "yeah right". At first i noticed people who were my age getting in with out an ID so i tried getting in and the security guy said no. i understood but then i saw a girl who was 17 get in after she talked with him for about 5 min. I asked him why he let her in if he knew she was 17 and all he said was that if i made another comment about that in front of everyone he would report so i just walked away cursing him out in front of everyone.

Shore Excursions were limited. We did the the Nassau city tour and it was nice, about 3 hrs long. We went to Atlantis and had a trip, it was a lot of fun. don't be fooled by the hairbraiding people in Nassau, they will rip you off, that was the worst deal i did. They charge 120 US dollars to braid your whole head, and 60 to do half trust me its not worth it. If you want to do the night life in Nassau its alright they will hustle you to go to club Bambu and another called fusion i believe. If you want to try anything go to Senor frogs, its close to the ship and about a 5 minute walk away. It closes at around 2 am. They aren't that strict about age, all i did was show my passport and sail and sign card and they let me in. The best deal though is to go back on to the ship and enjoy the deck party. That was a lot of fun, they had everyone do the electric slide and a whole mess of different dances.

Debark was way to quick. We did self assist and got of at about 7 am. At 715 we were all in the car heading home.

Overall the cruise was alright, improvement is needed quickly in the activities department as well as in the teen club. Another is that they need to fix the air in that cabin because i know for sure that you will be getting quite few complains from there. Those who went on this voyage most likely knew me and know that i was loud and had good time the few times i had a chance but i do not recommend this cruise to no one

Publication Date: 10/03/06