Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Ruthann Foley: Norwegian Sun - Alaska

Norwegian Sun - Alaska

Sail Date: July 2006
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

I recently cruised on the Norwegian Sun, a 7 day cruise to Alaska. The embarkation process went smoothly. The bar-b-que was great and by the time we got up to the pool deck it was time to get something to eat. My cabin mate and I ate at the East Meets West Restaurant one evening. The cover was $20 ea and an extra $5 for the surf and turf. Very good food and the service was great.

Our cabin was roomy and the shower, dryer, our beds were good. We had good service as far as enough towels etc. Also a few nights we had the little towel animals on our beds at night. Our first port was Ketchikan, my favorite, the weather was a little on the damp side. We bought ponchos (plastic) for $2 and they kept us dry. We took pictures and went shopping, a great place for that. The Seven Seas and Four Seasons restaurants were excellent. Service and food was very good. The buffets were good also. Depends on what you like, you have a lot of choices on the Norwegian Sun. Our next port was Juneau, More again cool and drizzle. Nothing that you couldn't live with. We had a drink, shopped and took pictures. We had 16 people in our group and didn't see each other every day. We would meet on the deck by the Great Outdoor Cafe. We had 4 girls from Japan that were at one time exchange students of my friends who were celebrating their 50 th wedding anniversary. Those girls had so much fun on the cruise, they did everything there was to do and had so much fun doing it. It was refreshing to see them so happy and smiling when they would talk of their experience on the Norwegian Sun. The next port was Skagway. We had made reservations to ride on the train up the mountain. What an experience, to actually see the path that the miners had walked up the mountain to pan for gold as far back as 1898 when the gold rush began. We took the trip at the later time after noon. Sometimes the weather is better than in the morning at the 8:00 AM trip. We were very pleased with the trip and scenery. The last port Prince Rupert in Canada was also interesting. We took a little walking excursion as the weather was dry there. We handled our own luggage and were off the ship in no time at all. The only problem was our reservations for the NCL shuttle was wrong. We had a ride from a friend to the ship, we needed a ride from the ship to the airport. There was a mix up, the reservations were for the 22nd of July the day we arrived. We were told to take a Taxi and send the receipt to NCL. I have done that and I am waiting for a refund. Other than that I would rate this trip 5 stars on everything. We did not use the fitness center but took some dance lessons and that was great. I would travel Norwegian Lines again it was a very good trip. Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>