Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Jctort: Carnival Victory - Canada/New England

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Canada & New England Cruises

Carnival Victory - Canada/New England

Sail Date: August 2006
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

So we took a 4 night cruise to Canada. Our first cruise on Carnival. Overall, it was a pleasant time.

Embarkation was not the greatest. It took several hours to sort out some confusion. We were promised an upgrade but then were sent back to the original room while our bags were elsewhere. To make a long story short, things worked out in the end. We were upgraded and they were very sincere in their apologies.

The ship itself was wonderful. The Lounges and Dining Area is definitely a site to see. Hence many pictures. I also recommend staying on the Lido Deck if you are leaving from New York. Great Shots of the City and the Statue of Liberty.

However, the food was not as great. Average to say the least. The selections were not as much as Royal Caribbean had offered (our first cruise), but it had some high notes. The breakfast was worth it. I also recommend going to the Deli for Lunch or Dinner (if you don't go into the dinning room). I applaud their pizza. More

The dining area was very nice. The waiters were all so kind and the people at out table were also nice. We went 2 out of 4 nights. Formal Night was very nice.

I totally loved Dana, our cruise director. He was a very funny guy. They whole entertainment staff were. They had to be, especially since we were on sea for 2 days. I got to admit, however, the activates were lacking. We had a few moments that there was not much to do, besides drink and Gamble.

The Entertainment was Wonderful. You can not afford to miss either show. They definitely stay true to their name "fun ship" with all the shows they put on. There were 2 comedians on the cruise (we only say one). I can not recall his name, except for the part that he was Italian and was very funny. A bit dirty, but good.

We arrived in Canada on Saturday. The weather was warm and Sunny. Couldn't ask for more. We took the trolley tour which I recommend. You do not have time to see everything, but the trolley takes you to most of it. Many reviews say that tours are cheaper if purchased there, which is true.

The way home was a bit of a damper. It was so foggy outside that the fog horns were sounding off. The seas were also a bit rough (not so good for those suffering motion sickness) But thanks to the shows and the casino, it wasn't so so bad.

Debarkation was easy. You are able to choose between carrying the bags yourself and having them take it out. We chose the second option, but either way it was very orderly and easy. We found our luggage within minutes of exiting the ship.

Overall, the cruise was a very nice time. I would totally recommend taking a Carnival cruise for a relaxing time. Maybe next time though, I would chose something down south. A beach always makes better scenery than a few buildings. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>