Norwegian Dawn 3

“Norwegian Dawn - Bermuda”
Cruise review of Norwegian Dawn

Hampton Cruiser
Member Since 2011
5 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

After reading so many negative reviews, I didn't expect much. We received a good rate via the internet that guaranteed an outside cabin. We were given an obstructed view (lifeboats) and a very small room. We called to be sure our cabin had a coffee maker as I had seen a review saying it has just a kettle. After being assured there was a brew type coffee maker-a kettle was in our room. The reviewers know more than the cruise line.

Boarding was quick but our pictures had been transposed-so we had to have them redone at the entrance to the ship. A nice surprise was the restaurants-service was excellent! The wait staff in all areas tried to meet your expectations. One Hostess,in particular, made our an impression with her professionalism. Unfortunately, that can't be said of the social directors. A murder mystery supper had people lined up at one deck for almost 20 minutes. Then we were told to go to the deck above. No apology-just the woman in charge saying go ahead report More me-who cares. Some who had waited were elderly and had been assured that they were in the right place.

While the weather wasn't great, we did have beautiful weather the day we reached their private island. The set-up for tender tickets took too long with long lines. However, the boarding and return was well done. The island itself was wall to wall chairs and we were really on top of one another.

The Dawn had good entertainment and a really good casino staff. The lounge staff aren't too pushy except on the day you get on-they push drinks in their special glass that is way overpriced . They bring it automatically -so you have to insist they return it and most passengers don't want the bother.

I think our trip was okay for the price paid. I must say New Yorkers are very friendly cruisers. Less

Norwegian Dawn Cruises to Bermuda

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: June 2006
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Published 09/28/06

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review

Norwegian Dawn Cruises to Bermuda

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?